Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I have to do to get cookies? ARGLE BLARGLE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I have to do to get cookies? ARGLE BLARGLE!

Hopped down the street to my favorite bakery for a quick snack. Some short, skinny older (65 - 70?) woman was in front of me. She asked for a pound of cookies or some such thing, but this was at 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon. They'd been open since 8am - there's only a few donuts and things left. This happens EVERY Saturday. I've made the mistake of going over there myself only to find what I want is sold out. That's MY fault.

Anyway, this little old woman starts yelling at the poor woman behind the counter (as if it's all her fault) that it's been three weeks in a row and does she need to call ahead of time to order a pound of cookies?

Well - YES. If you're too dumb to realize that showing up in the afternoon three weeks in a row means they're sold out of what you want, then maybe you want to drag your annoying, wrinkled ass down there a little earlier in the day. Or actually order what you want ahead of time.

I was sorely tempted to mouth off, but the owners have been friends of ours for ten years and the one owner has known my dad longer than that. I wasn't going to make a scene in front of other customers. (if no one else was there I would have said something) So she goes stomping out and we all just kind of look at each other and laugh.

Seriously - if you've come in three Saturdays in a row and they didn't have what you want - come in earlier. Or order ahead of time. They usually only need a day's notice to make almost anything.

Hey, the owners should recognize the old bat and have cookies ready for her...

Comment

Or hey, go buy them at a grocery store. Maybe not as good as fresh-baked, but they're bound to have some kind of cookies in stock.

Or, you know, BAKE SOME.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Or hey, go buy them at a grocery store. Maybe not as good as fresh-baked, but they're bound to have some kind of cookies in stock.

Or, you know, BAKE SOME.

But that's... that's... INCONVENIENCE!

They should have thrown a bunt cake at her.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Or, you know, BAKE SOME.
          Quoth An Haddock View Post
          So either bunt cake or cunt bake.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

What about a butt cake?

Then again, the bitch could use the bundt cake to soothe those haemhorroids she seems to be suffering from.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

They should have just saved any unsold cookies (of ANY kind, if any) in the fridge for her.

"You never said anything about FRESH cookies..."

If she does it next week, it's time to trot out the ol' "Definition of Insanity" bit, methinks.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Seriously - if you've come in three Saturdays in a row and they didn't have what you want - come in earlier. Or order ahead of time. They usually only need a day's notice to make almost anything.
                But 330 is her routine time to go out on a saturday! How dare you suggest that an elderly person deviate from their routine! *shakes fist*
                Last edited by EricKei; 08-13-2014, 11:02 PM. Reason: trimmed excessive quote

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                  But 330 is her routine time to go out on a saturday! How dare you suggest that an elderly person deviate from their routine! *shakes fist*

She wasn't even that elderly. I would describe her as a "mature woman" had it not been for her immature outburst.

Comment

There is the most awesomest cupcake shop in Santa Fe. The wife bakes them up in the morning, the husband runs the shop and he doesn't open until noon. When he sells out (which happens routinely, especially during tourist season), he closes up and goes home. I've seen several people on online review sites bitching about him doing that. What is he supposed to do? Stay there and tell you about the cupcakes he had?
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                      I've seen several people on online review sites bitching about him doing that. What is he supposed to do? Stay there and tell you about the cupcakes he had?
                      Ha! Yeah, as if they don't have a right to run a business as they wish? "Don't shop there; they're rude!"

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        What is he supposed to do? Stay there and tell you about the cupcakes he had?
                        They probably expected him to pull some out of his ass. Of course, then, they'd complain about how they smelled...
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                        X