Clear All

• Sucky Best Buy!!

I bought myself a camcorder from Best Buy (online) link:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1165610937122

In fact, go to the link and scroll down near the bottom, where you'll see:
    Flash Memory Card not included

Click on flash memory and you'll see this:
    Flash Memory For Camcorders:
    Refers to the camcorder's ability to accept flash memory cards (e.g. Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, etc.) for capturing digital still photos and movie clips.

So, this makes you think you can store movie clips onto the card, right?

WRONG. I bought it and there is no way to store videos onto the card, I need to put it onto the MiniDV tape.

I'm not done yet. Go back to the page with the camdorder, and you'll see this:
    Handycam Station provides quick and easy i.LINK and USB 1.1 connections to TV or PC for editing and sharing video, also charges the camcorder; PictBridge-enabled for direct printing

They don't mention that you need to buy a $40 cable to transfer the videos (and I've made cables before, I know how much they cost, about $39 of that is profit).

I'm debating how I'm going to handle this. I do not want to get rid of the camcorder, it is nice, it's just that the TWO main reasons I bought it turned out to be not true (or true only with a $40 accessory purchased).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Then I would return it for one that actually HAS what you want. No sense in keeping it if it wasn't what you though it would be (because of the item discription).
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

The killer is that after research though the mfg's sites, none of them support storing movies on a card (except the cheap ones (and cheap in several ways) or high end ones ($200 more than what this one cost, and I can barely afford this one!).

Same with transferring to PC.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Yea I'm sorry, worked in the camera dept at a large chain for about a year and thats really kind of how the technology works.

Comment

this is the one I have-still and video, came from bestbuy around $400-comes with a 16k sd card-can take clips up to 1GB(about an hour-according to the manual) on the card-has the av cables included, built in (stereo) mircophone, and you can pull stills from the video or take them while shooting-gets great reviews as well-
          AVI Motion JPEG with Stereo Sound
          High (640 x 480 @ 30 fps)
          Medium (320 x 240 @ 30 fps)
          Low (320 x 240 @15 fps)
          Fast Frame Rate (320 x 240 @ 60 fps)
          Clip length limited to 1GB File Size

With the S3 IS's MovieSnap feature, you can simply press the shutter to capture a full 6.0 megapixel still image at any time while recording a movie.
          Canon's renowned optical Image Stabilizer technology and video functionality rivaling that of dedicated digital video camcorders.
          Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 04-22-2007, 03:46 AM.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
          X