Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Open box, dude, what do you expect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Open box, dude, what do you expect?

Yesterday I stopped by Big Ship Tools to pick up a few things for my bathroom project (six months and counting )

The guy ahead of me in line is arguing with the cashier. He wants to return and get cash back for a rolling tool box he'd bought . . . apparently a while ago.

Can you say it with me children: no receipt, no return?

Yeah, he couldn't say it either. The cashier kept explaining there wasn't much she could do for him without a receipt.

He was adamant. The chest was missing some parts (you have to assemble these things).

The cashier pointed out he bought it in an open box sale. When you buy things in boxes that have already been opened, you take a chance that some parts would be missing. That's why you get a good deal. Apparently, it was missing a handle and a caster. Things he could cheaply get either there or at the Big Orange/Blue Aprons.

He kept insisting that there was nothing he could do with a chest with missing parts

Finally the cashier gets the manager. He starts calling around to see if he can locate an open box with the missing parts. He finds one . . . in a town about 30 minutes down the road.

I think it'll cost him more in gas to get it than it would to just replace the missing parts on his own.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Some people are beyond help...

Comment

I like the manager of that store. He's been very helpful to me or EE in the past when there's been an issue with a product.

But I think he should have told this guy he was out of luck.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Can't use a toolbox missing a caster and a handle? I'll take that "useless" item off his hands.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

For 1/3 what he paid, to boot
          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
            Can't use a toolbox missing a caster and a handle? I'll take that "useless" item off his hands.
            The scary thing is, you have enough tools to fill it up on the spot

Comment

Booth the toolbox and the tool in this story aren't all there.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                The scary thing is, you have enough tools to fill it up on the spot
                You're implying that the Snap-On Tools truck makes regular stops at EvilEmpryss's?

...to re-stock?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Forgive me...

What's a caster?

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                    Forgive me...

What's a caster?
                    It's a wheel that can swivel, like the ones on office chairs.
                    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      You're implying that the Snap-On Tools truck makes regular stops at EvilEmpryss's?

...to re-stock?
                      Something like that

She makes regular trips to the Orange/Blue Apron and Big Ship Tools the way most women make trips to the mall. She's the only woman I know who wants power tools for Mother's Day (her hubs got her a nice Craftsman table saw a few years back).

She makes Tim the Tool Man look like a wimp.

She moved a few weeks ago. I helped her pack and organize all her tools, which were scattered all over the house (retrieved a few of my own that I'd loaned her in the process ). It took for-ev-er.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

She makes regular trips to the Orange/Blue Apron and Big Ship Tools the way most women make trips to the mall. She's the only woman I know who wants power tools for Mother's Day (her hubs got her a nice Craftsman table saw a few years back).
                        That all sounds suspiciously familiar. I got myself a router for Christmas, and my son got me a new dremel for mothers day. I think for Christmas this year I want a new chainsaw. Mine`s been at my brothers so long, I think if we left it on the side of the road it would find it`s way back to his place instead of mine.
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                          Forgive me...

What's a caster?
                          A role where the character uses spells instead of physical weapons. Usually use healing or attack spells.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

That's a bluff...a caster is a type of quick dissolving sugar and oil used as a laxative
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Also the type of gun used by Gene Starwind in Outlaw Star.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X