This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whining < Laws of Physics

I'd stick this in the main board, but it didn't happen to me, so I'm considering it a sighting.... anyway...

I'm at work tonight, and I seem to have magically discovered the key to tossing pizza-dough sometime during my days off, so I'm happy as a clam and making backup crusts for when we get busy later when this middle-aged woman comes in (Why is it always the 40-something women that seem to get like this? Why?) and asks for a medium thin-crust pizza. My coworker informs her that we only carry large thin-crust pizzas, and she starts on about how this OTHER store carries them. He tells her that they're a corporate store, while we're a franchise, and we just don't get enough requests for 12" thin-crusts to make it worth buying them (NOTE: Thin-crusts come pre-made, since they use a completely different dough than the original). She then starts off on some tangent about how the OTHER store could do them, so why couldn't we. Eventually she huffs and puffs and decides she'll get a large thin-crust instead, including a shot about hoping it's up to corporate standards since we seem to be 'second rate'.

I just wanted to turn around and tell her 'Look, lady, you bitching isn't going to magically make something appear in the stock-room. If he says we don't have any here, we don't have them. DEAL WITH IT!!!'. And, of course, I end up being the one that makes the pizza, and I did it so perfectly diagram-correct I wanted to weep with joy. Of course, if she hadn't been snarky I would've given her what we USUALLY do for pepperoni, which is packed in a very nice spiral pattern that puts me in mind of a blooming flower and hides the cheese completely.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Quoth JustADude View Post
    Eventually she huffs and puffs and decides she'll get a large thin-crust instead, including a shot about hoping it's up to corporate standards since we seem to be 'second rate'.

I know this falls under the "if it makes sense, it's not allowed©" policy, but...

Why didn't she leave your "second rate" franchise store and go to her precious corporate place?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      Why didn't she leave your "second rate" franchise store and go to her precious corporate place?
      Dunno, probably because it would've been inconvenient? That wasn't the main thrust of her 'argument', though. She seemed to think we could magic a case of dough out of our asses if she wined long enough. I think she must've gotten the Big Papa confused with Somewhere Else (I'd link to the thread, but I'm lazy. ).
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
        She seemed to think we could magic a case of dough out of our asses if she wined long enough.
        If I even thought for a second that an employee could pull food out of their ass, I would seriously consider eating elsewhere.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Big sis, if I even thought that were possible, I wouldn't be able to eat at all for a while, much less someplace else.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Another one of my favorite SC behaviors. "If I whine hard enough and long enough, you'll make the impossible possible, and make something you don't have appear out of thin air."

"In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

NEWS! I found out that, while ALL stores are actually franchises in the company, the one the lady was talking about was owned by a different person, while every other place in the chain around here is owned by the guy signing MY paycheck. Guess that explains exactly why they were doing things differently... and apparently NOBODY actually uses those corporate-guideline things once they actually know how to make a pie.

In other news, I got an order today for Jalapeños and Roma Tomato. Is it just me, or is that just kinda disgusting?

Comment

Would it have been possible to cut the dough down to fit a medium pan, but make her pay the same if not more for a large?

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                  Would it have been possible to cut the dough down to fit a medium pan, but make her pay the same if not more for a large?
                  Maybe, but that would set a VERY bad example for next time, and it would've been a pain to find something to cut it with. Besides that, the dough is slightly concave (or convex... whichever curves in in the middle) so if we cut the edge off things would get messy in the oven. Even the hand-tossed is supposed to be thicker at the edges.

Comment

Ah, but that would have been the beauty of charging an idiot tax for making the medium, and making the opportunity cost of her getting a medium at your store more than just sashaying back to the store that apparently does offer it.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                      Ah, but that would have been the beauty of charging an idiot tax
                      I actually asked my boss, if we could do that, joking of course. He said yeah, but we cannot figure out how to program it on to our crappy register
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Concave goes in, like a cave. Convex goes out, like my belly, which vexes me greatly.
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                          Concave goes in, like a cave. Convex goes out, like my belly, which vexes me greatly.
                          Ah, yes, thank you. Concave it is, then. And yeah, the major reason, AFPhoenix, is the principle of not caving in to someone who starts to get bitchy at me. Like they said in another post: Just smile, play dumb, and kill them with professionalism.

Comment

Working...
                          X