Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sydney is very well serviced by their train network and I do mean very well serviced, there aren't too many areas I can't go to by train.

Coming back from a medieval festival one afternoon, my partner and I could hear some people having a very rowdy "party" of sorts in the next carriage over. Cue the train guard/driver playing the "alcohol is not permitted on trains, fines apply" message over and over everytime we hit a stop. They eventually got the message and got off about three stops away from the city.

I should also add, there is apparently a place in NSW called "balls head."
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
      they all smell of curry.
      I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I'm in a very diverse area but I've noticed that one with people who seem to be from West Africa and the Middle East. I don't really think it's a bad smell, reminds me of the ethnic markets where I like to shop. It is strong tho, so I'm glad I only deal with one or two people at a time.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

One of mine which I'd like to add is.......person who smells like BO, cat piss, dirty diapers,...etc., it's not clear if they are homeless/disabled, but they are oblivious to their smell.

An example being when I was helping out at another library, there was a female customer who smelled like she was either wearing dirty diapers or had pissed herself, and she was on the bus I took to go home. For some reason, she "had" to come up to the area where I was sitting and start talking to another passenger, and the smell was so bad that I almost had to get off the bus early.

Comment

I would like to add the No Sense of Balance people. Those are the ones that crash around and fall on top of you when the bus makes a sudden stop. Also, the Slow Bicyclists. Our bus accepts bikes but some bicyclists are slow in putting and taking off their bike. =P
          Can't reason with the unreasonable.
          The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

The ones who smell like bodily fluids could really have a continence problems. It doesn't make the smell any better but try to remember that they may have issues outside their control.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              The ones who smell like bodily fluids could really have a continence problems. It doesn't make the smell any better but try to remember that they may have issues outside their control.
              Yeah, I do try to keep that in mind.......I'm not sure what that particular woman's situation was, only that the odor was strong enough that I was having a hard time keeping from gagging.

Comment

I work at an assisted living center so I know incontinence..but the residents make sure they wash up, change their diapers, clothes or get the assistance to do so. There is a young girl on my morning bus who goes to college and she is just so damn dirty. Her hair is filthy and unbrushed, her clothes are dirty and she wears the same thing days in a row and she smells like pee..days old, sat in pee. I can have some empathy for the elderly but a young college girl?

Comment

I'm thinking psychiatric issues in her case.
                  "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                    I'm thinking psychiatric issues in her case.
                    Or abuse. I'd suspect abuse and/or neglect.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                      I would like to add the No Sense of Balance people. Those are the ones that crash around and fall on top of you when the bus makes a sudden stop.
                      *Raises hand* Um, that's occasionally me. In my defence, I am 4' 10.5" and have an inner ear deformity which leaves me partially deaf with no sense of balance, and those times I've hit the floor/landed on other passengers were when no-one would let me get near one of the upright poles (I can't use the hand loops as I Can't. Frigging. Reach. Them. *fratch fratch fratch*)
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                      X