This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Scammer

A friend of ours owns and runs a reptile store. She sells various legal reptile pets, and all the things you would need to keep your scaled friend happy and well. So of course, she sells mice in all sizes. She told us an interesting story the other day.

Guy comes in, and asks for a rat. As per usual, she asks what size snake it's for, so she's sure to not give you one that is too big, lest it choke the snake.

Guy: "Uh, it's not for a snake."
    Friend: "Oh...what sort of animal is it for?"
    Guy: "It's not for an animal."
    Friend: "Oh so you'd like it for a pet?" This isn't unheard of, but generally folks go to regular pet stores to get pet rats. Hers weren't hand-raised, and can be mean.
    Guy: "Not exactly..."

At this point, she's curious, so she tells the guy so and asks if he is willing to tell her what it's for. He basically says he travels a lot for business, and to cut costs, he has this thing he does. He gets his hotel room, generally the nicest hotel in town, and then he hits a local pet store and purchases a rat.

Obviously, you can see where this is going. I asked my friend if she found out which hotel this douche was staying in so she could rat him out, but she said she didn't ask and she ended up not selling him the rat on personal principles. The guy got annoyed that he'd have to go to PetCo and pay more for the rat, but he didn't put up that big of a stink.

I cannot believe anyone would admit to that! What nerve!
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

And I'm sure he learned how to lie a little better next time.

God, what a waste of flesh.

Comment

I had to re read that to understand.

That's soooo mean that he would do that. And odd that he would tell you.
      "I am the me I choose to be"
      -Sydney Poitier
      I (love) "The Office"
      "This month we're having a special on cardstock."
      -Jim Halpert

Comment

I'm alternating between and . Wow. He actually admitted to doing something like that?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What a dirtbag.

Lemme guess: He also smashes flies and puts them in a baggie so he can slip one into his soup at a restaurant?

I guess, however, he would admit to doing that, being as he's only in town for business and he never has to see Myra's friend at the reptile store ever again.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm with IPF on both counts there. I'm just surprised he doesn't use a DEAD rat. Ah well, thank goodness for small blessings.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              I'm with IPF on both counts there. I'm just surprised he doesn't use a DEAD rat.
              The Squirming.
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I don't understand that at all. I just can't. And I'm not going to try anything like that - EVER. But I just don't know WHERE you get that idea..... to do that..... makes me nauseous.

Comment

Working...
                X