This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunk in Arby's

So I work till 11, so Arby's is pretty much the only thing open when I'm on my way home. I stop in tonight and there's just one other guy in the place (the dining room closes at 12).

Now I'm starting to feel bad because they've obviously started cleaning up for the night and here I am coming in a half hour before close and ordering food. I place my order and go to the island that holds the drink machine/napkins/condiments/etc. While I'm grabbing my napkins, I see the guy get up from his table and just when it hits me what's about to happen all I hear is "BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAURGH!@!@!"

Dude just totally blew chunks in the goddamn restaurant. He went back to his seat muttering "I shouldn't have tried to eat", and at first I thought he was sick, but it became clear he was drunk off his ass. The shift manager had this "I can't fucking believe this" look on her face while I'm just kind of standing there like a deer in the headlights afraid any movement might trigger another vomit volcano.

Guy apologizes in that wonderful drunk person style (ie: often and incoherently) while the staff informs me this isn't the first time this has happened. Dude shows up drunk all the time and every so often he spews all over the place. I know the gas station across the street is a popular cop hangout so I told the shift manager that they can refuse service to someone visibily drunk since vomit + place where food is served = unsanitary, and she could get a cop from across the street to back her up. She said "oh I've called the damn cops before, I'm not afraid to do that if I have to".

Honestly, how little respect for yourself or your fellow man do you have to have to get stinking drunk to the point of vomiting in a fast food joint at 11:30 pm? If that's not a moment of clarity, I don't know what is.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Wow. And I thought it was bad when my bro texted me while in line late night at Taco Bell that the kids in front of him were so drunk they were stumbling around pondering how great a taco with ice cream on top would be. At least they were just vomit-inducing, not actually vomiting.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I hate puke. I despise the sound and smell. I have NO sympathy for drunk people. That guy is an ass. Cleaning up puke is extremely vile. I feel bad for those people. It's not their job to clean up after some idiot. I think I would've lost my appetite.

Comment

I can't understand how people can not know they're going about to hurl, drunk or not. In my younger days, I've been drunk to the point where I was just barely aware of what was going on around me, and even then I still managed to get myself outside or to a bathroom before it happened.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I can see how someone might not realize they're about to hurl, MadMike, but not in any situation where they're still coherent enough to stand upright, let alone order food. Seriously, the only place you need to go when you're THAT drunk is straight home, and for the love of Gord get a Designated Driver first! I hope like hell he remembers that and is ashamed of himself in the morning... i somehow doubt it, though.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I've had surprise hurls, unfortunately, but they were either food poisoning, other sudden-onset illness, or (in one memorable case) my body reacting to being unable to stop coughing.

(Fortunately, none of those times were in public.)
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              I can see how someone might not realize they're about to hurl, MadMike, but not in any situation where they're still coherent enough to stand upright, let alone order food. Seriously, the only place you need to go when you're THAT drunk is straight home, and for the love of Gord get a Designated Driver first! I hope like hell he remembers that and is ashamed of himself in the morning... i somehow doubt it, though.

That was another thing, after the guy walks out the door (and the shock of what happened was starting to wear off), the staff and I all realized at the same time that there was a good chance he was going to be driving home and I immediately left to make sure he didn't run into my car on his way out.
              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                I've had surprise hurls
                Most of my hurls are surprizes. I've usually got enough time to get to the bathroom door before it starts dribbling out my mouth (and that's if I'm home). I think the best one was one I don't remember, because I was too young at the time. I was at Klondike Days with my parents and my "aunt and uncle" (long time family friends). I wasn't feeling well, and then just as I was about to on the ground, my aunt caught it in her hands. Now, there we are, standing in the middle of the fairgrounds, and she has a handful of kiddy upchuck. No garbage cans in sight, either, apparently. So she ended up just dropping it anyway. Net effect? Hands disgusting, ground still dirty.

She still has no clue what she was thinking.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                X