This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I'll have the money eventually!

I was out shopping for some summer work clothes today (I just started an office job and thus I have no proper wardrobe) when I witnessed a very annoying SC.

I was browsing through some dresses when a scruffy looking older woman who entered the store at the same time as me asked the lone employee in the store to use the fitting room. My attention was attracted when their conversation got increasingly agitated.

PE: Poor Employee
    SL: Sucky Lady

PE: Are you going to buy it this time?
    SL: No, not this time, just keep holding it for me
    PE: You said that the last few times you came to try on this outfit.
    SL: Just hold it for me, I will buy it eventually.
    PE: NO, I CAN'T hold it for you. We have held it for you for weeks! These are marked down to $9.99! We can't hold the clearance stuff, if someone else wants it we have to sell it.
    SL: No, I don't have the money now, just hold it for me
    PE: I CAN'T!
    SL: You have other ones
    PE: Yes, but only one in this size, it is a popular size. If someone else wants this size, I have to sell it to them
    SL: No, don't sell MY size. Just hold it for me, I will have the money eventually.

Rinse, lather repeat.

Poor poor sales lady. You could tell she had to deal with this woman before. Seriously...it is 9.99 lady! That is NOT expensive for a nice dress shirt! If you can;t afford a ten dollar shirt why are you even coming to try it on repeatedly? And could you possibly LISTEN to what the sales lady is telling you?

I had a similar thing happen at work. This woman came in like 2 weeks ago and picked out 5 of our clearance dresses for her bridesmaids to wear. Thing is, she seemed to wanna buy them when SHE wanted to buy them, not when she actually picked them out. So we did put them on hold for her. Now we only do 24 holds. Customers can call in the day the hold expires and ask us to extend that hold, but we're really only supposed to do it once, no more.

Well this woman just kept putting these dresses on hold, she wasn't ready to buy them yet, not all her bridesmaids had tried them on yet, blah blah, ad naseum. So she called again the other day and i got stuck taking the call (and people wonder why i hate answering the phone at work.) She had called earlier in the day and my co-worker had taken the call and put the dresses on hold for her AGAIN. So i get her on the phone, and this woman is practically demanding we hold onto the dresses till she gets there to buy them. Swears up and down she'll be in at 6 that night to get them....when i left work 10 minutes after 6 that night, she STILL hadn't come picked them up. She must have finally gotten there though, cause the next day i went in and they weren't with the holds or back on the rack. But geez lady, we're a department store, not a bridal shop. Get your act together and buy the damn dresses already!
    Last edited by katie kaboom; 05-06-2007, 03:29 AM. Reason: i can't type when i'm tired
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Shit like that makes me crazy. Bat shit flippin' crazy!

We have EIGHT HUNDRED spots on our frame board! We spend quite a bit of time and money picking out a wide variety of beautiful frames for all people and price ranges!

Unless you fully intend to purchase said item, QUIT asking us to special order frames for you that you aren't going to buy, quit demanding that I hold a dozen frames for you "just in case" you think you'll want them, and when you say you'll be in by a certain date to make your choice, you had damn well better show up and make a freaking choice already!

It's incredible how many frames (GOOD ones, too!) sit and collect dust while on hold for people that never came back, and even more incredible how many of them choose to return months later only to be angry that I had the nerve to put things back that they "might have wanted." Bitch, if you wanted it so badly you should have come in and bought it!
      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
        We have EIGHT HUNDRED spots on our frame board! We spend quite a bit of time and money picking out a wide variety of beautiful frames for all people and price ranges!
        Holy crap! 800?!?

I just ordered new glasses this week, and the place I go to has nowhere NEAR that kind of selection!

Don't get me wrong, I still found 2 pairs, but they weren't quite what I'd originally had in mind. I probably would've found a much better selection where you work. Of course, your store is roughly 3,000 miles away from where I live, so that doesn't do me much good!
        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Emmeileia View Post
          Seriously...it is 9.99 lady! That is NOT expensive for a nice dress shirt! If you can;t afford a ten dollar shirt why are you even coming to try it on repeatedly?

Maybe the customer was hoping someone nearby would just toss $10 at her to shut her up.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
            Holy crap! 800?!?

I just ordered new glasses this week, and the place I go to has nowhere NEAR that kind of selection!
            Well, our spaces aren't always filled to 100% capacity... but we try...

We currently have 137 *empty* spaces right now that I'm trying to fill with Armani, Gant, JLO/Kate Spade, and hopefully more Prada soon. I work really hard to pick stuff out that I would like to SELL, and it makes me crazy when people either A) Ask, nay, demand that I special order more for them to look at (that they'll likely never buy and I'll be stuck with), B) put stuff on hold so that I'm unable to sell it to someone that would actually *want* it, or C) Both. First come, first serve, I say!

Also-I know this is OT-but anytime any of you want virtual help picking out your glasses, just let me know. All I need is a headshot or two, an idea of your budget and tastes, an idea of what your Rx is like, and the approximate size and depth of what you're currently wearing (if you are happy with it.) Just let me know!
            "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Working...
            X