This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh that's just such a shame....

I had to run to grab breakfast supplies this morning at the local food market. They don't have self checkout and never schedule enough checkers (not the checkers fault) so they are forever pulling floor staff to line bust.

I go to a register that is empty apart from the couple being rung through, light is on, no sign is up that it's closed so I put my basket down to unpack it and the cashier puts her sign up so I move to another register.

I am just about to unload when a floor worker is called up to line bust and pulls me to the original checkstand. He gets half way through scanning and is told by the csm that one is broken and to move me to another checkstand. The guy behind me has had to move just as many times as me and gets all huffy as we are moved for the third time.

This all happened in 45 seconds or less so not exactly a huge waste of time. But this guy, this guy is SO important he has to let everyone know how much of an outrage this is. Gems include....

"I dont understand why this is so complicated"
    "why is this taking so long"
    "this is ridiculous"

He never had to unpack or repack his basket, the cashiers were all over themselves apologizing to me and this guy and I realized he thought we were together. So I said loudly while shooting this guy a death glare

"Oh NO I am not with HIM, I understand shit happens, don't you worry about ME, I am not upset at all" Then I wish the cashier to have a great day and not worry about grumpy customers.

Dude if you can't wait 1 minute for a poor cashier who is being set up to fail by their company you are a dickhead. It's not his fault the company doesn't maintain their equipment and make the employees jump through hoops just to make sales. Sorry you had to walk an extra 10 steps...
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

And that is why I go the extra mile to be nice to cashiers, even if something doesn't go my way. I have been in retail for almost 40 years .... it's practically NEVER the cashier's fault.

And pox on corporate beings everywhere for not realizing that their "cost-cutting, more profit for us" measures affect REAL people in so many negative ways

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post

And pox on corporate beings everywhere for not realizing that their "cost-cutting, more profit for us" measures affect REAL people in so many negative ways
      Oh, I think they know how people are affected. They just don't care. If the shareholders ain't happy, nobody's happy.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I would have been annoyed too. But not at the cashiers. I'd be irked at the evil corporate overlords that can't staff a store effectively.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Oh, I think they know how people are affected. They just don't care. If the shareholders ain't happy, nobody's happy.
          Exactly. My company sold it's soul to the shareholders many years ago.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X