This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband? What husband?

This morning went down to the local, new-ish, discount supermarket to do my food shopping. Pull into the car park, do a lap, and bingo, find a spot.

So I attempt to pull in, and this middle aged lady was standing there. A subtle toot of the horn and motion to move wasn't moving her, so down went the window, and a gentle request to move was made by me. She refused, because she was waiting for her husband to take the space and I apparently 'pushed in'. When asked where her husband is, there was a tirade of 'typical (suburb) scum' and storms off. So I slot in, and back she comes, attempting to give me a lecture on, 'Where I come from, people treat each other with respect.' I then asked her what I did, cue repeat of waiting for husband and I pushed in (verbatim). When challenged about whereabouts of husband, she walked off again.

I walk into supermarket with a bit of a giggle. Seriously, lady, car spaces are not THAT competitive!
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Quoth brucetiki View Post
    'Where I come from, people treat each other with respect.'
    "And where I come from, men don't make their wives walk out and save them a parking space!" Yeah, something didn't add up there.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'd have told her respect goes BOTH ways and I wasn't seeing any from her.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'd have told her to pick up the walker...and get her ass back to the retirement center
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Serious, spot saving like that is not okay. Also, respect is not being selfish and attempting to "reserve" a space. I'd probably have found a different spot, just in case her hubby did show up, I've seen video of full on fights that came from these types of incidents.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Works both ways, and it's possible to burn my respect for you if you're an asshat.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

"Where I come from, people aren't stupid enough to stand in the path of a moving vehicle!"
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                Serious, spot saving like that is not okay. Also, respect is not being selfish and attempting to "reserve" a space. I'd probably have found a different spot, just in case her hubby did show up, I've seen video of full on fights that came from these types of incidents.
                She was about 60, hubby (whom I did spot in the store) was probably about 65. He would've had a heart attack swinging a punch

I also overhead lady in supermarket mention something about feeling really horrible. At least she admitted she's a horrible person
                the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Working...
                X