This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I won't thank people anymore

Because I can't afford cable on top of internet, I am thankful to find some of my favorite retro shows on youtube or dailymotion or some such. I know it takes effort and time for people to put those up, and they aren't always in it for the ad revenue. I chose to message one of them to say thank you for the reasons I listed.
    The response I got was in all caps:
    BIT LATE BUT THANKS
    . (Vids had been put up in summer 2015 but I responded recently.) If it had been me I would've said "You're welcome!" because if I were to upload something, it would be out of kindness to others, and I'd be happy they could enjoy it.
    I decided to respond to this guy with class: "It's never too late to appreciate someone." But I won't be bothering him with my appreciation anymore. :/
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

...The hell's his problem? You just found it, right? It's like he's assuming you "should have" found it right after he posted it and immediately thanked him.

Some people just don't seem to be able to be nice.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

An all caps response? I wouldn't even give it a second thought, Food Lady.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Speaking of youtube videos: I found the entire Merry Christmas From Brenda Lee album had been posted online *SQUEEEEEEEEE* and I played the entire video twice in a row last fall when I found it (I also bookmarked it to my favorites for quick finding later) and left a comment for the user thanking him for posting that.

This was my favorite Christmas album growing up . . . my Mom had replaced it at least twice when I was small b/c I wore that LP out! We have since found a couple of compilations on CD that have the exact same songs on it, but it doesn't sound quite the same or feel quite the same as that album playing on the turntable. This video was recording straight from the album . . . including the inevitable record player scratching. Really brought back memories for me.

Not only did the poster reply back telling me how glad he was that I enjoyed it and Merry Christmas, but several others have also replied on this video sharing similar sentiments.

Maybe you just heard back from someone who is a bit socially awkward . . . or he's just a jerk. Either way it did suck that his reply was rather lame at best.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
        X