This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dollar Store Horrible Followed Me!

So yesterday I stopped at the Tree of Dollar to get a trash can for the bathroom. I thought Wally World was bad, but Ho ly crap on a soda cracker, I have never seen such an assemblage of Denver's finest. There were the usual "ladies" in clothing 3 sizes too small, the "ladies" in heels and mini skirts complaining about the cold (uh, yeah, it's snowing out ijits), the hobos with BO, the screaming children, but this took the cake.

Throughout the entire time I was in there (at least 15 minutes), I heard a constant stream of mom, mom, mom, mom, do they sell X here, mom mom mom mom I'm getting a drink, mom mom mom mom you're driving me nuts, mom mom mom mom!" Ok, first, this conversation (if you can call it that) was taking place across several aisles at minimum and across the entire store at a few points. Second, the person speaking wasn't a child. He was a grown adult in at least his early 20s. I really hope he had some kind of developmental disability.

So I get my stuff, get on the train (there's a station right by the store), ride a few stops, then disembark to get on the last bus that will take me home. I look behind me walking to the bus, and THEY FOLLOWED ME! The Mom Mom Mom Mom is still echoing over the street. Thank you merciful God, they didn't get on the same bus I did.

On the upside, the rest of the ride really made up for it. I got to meet an adorable terrier mix named Oreo, and a nice lady was chatting with the girl seated next to her in a way (meaning nicely) that most people don't interact with young tweens. Both seemed happy.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

It's like when you're in the grocery store, and you encounter someone really annoying. For whatever reason, and they the nproceed to FOLLOW you down each and every aisle. I've been known to go over several aisles and backtrack, just to get away from them!

Had a similar encounter recently when checking out the Habitat for Humanity restore near me. This woman and her two ADULT daughters, who had to scream and exclaim over everything, and just generally be annoying, getting in my way, everytime i turned around.

and its loud in there, and echoes, so by the time my friend was done, i had a headache.

Comment

I have a few of those SCs--I made the mistake of making eye contact once at some point in history and now they're my bestest buddy Or I've never seen them before and they think just because [CW who should know better] let them complete a scam I should too.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

A while ago at the grocery store there were these super loud women... They were both grandmas who had their grand babies for the day. I know this because they were randomly starting conversations with people and telling them. Their voices were those loud penetrating voices. As they went down an aisle one would grab a package of something and talk to the other about it. "Oh, have you ever had those crackers at Other Store?!? They are rosemary, and SO GOOD! I just HAVE to buy some whenever I'm there! But here I buy these other crackers, they're in the Natural section, you HAVE TO TRY THEM!"

My eye started twitching and I suddenly had to get something in a far away part of the store. But they slowly made there way over there, too. I'm a fairly fast shopper, though, so I got away pretty fast. On the plus side, the toddlers they had with them were silent the whole time.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post

Throughout the entire time I was in there (at least 15 minutes), I heard a constant stream of mom, mom, mom, mom, do they sell X here, mom mom mom mom I'm getting a drink, mom mom mom mom you're driving me nuts, mom mom mom mom!" Ok, first, this conversation (if you can call it that) was taking place across several aisles at minimum and across the entire store at a few points. Second, the person speaking wasn't a child. He was a grown adult in at least his early 20s. I really hope he had some kind of developmental disability.
          My guess would be that he does have one. Saying this because we've got a guy at church who's got a developmental disability, and some of the way he talks reminds me of the guy in you mentioned.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            On the plus side, the toddlers they had with them were silent the whole time.
            Well yeah, even the most leather-lunged toddler can't compete with those Garrulous Grannies!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X