X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they recruiting from the insane asylum now

For bus drivers?!?!?
    ?!?!?
    So in DC most of the bus drivers make sharp turns and drive really fast. Not all, but most. I'm used to grabbing hard into the seats and things so not to fall on the floor.
    But I've never had one make such chilling laughter while doing so!
    I got on the bus, and I could tell it was one of those buses when my foot barely left the sidewalk and the bus started moving. Then she gunned it out like a hell bat. I think my butt touched the seat once and that's it. The other passengers were the same as me, their butts over the seats. The driver laughed and laughed and I felt the bus go even faster. At this point I was holding on to not be bumped to the floor barely hit the cord. The driver hit the gas... and then with a screech, stopped.
    Many people glared and made comments when getting off, but she just laughed harder. It really truly sounded like something had snapped in her.
    Oh yeah, I would've reported her but to tell the truth I was just glad to be on the steady ground. Anyway, DOT doesn't care, that's the truth. :/
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Worth a shot. Give 'em a call with the bus number, or at least the route taken/time of day, if you can. Maybe she's off her meds or something o_O
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It sounds like it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt as a result of her driving. If they've been warned about it already, ....... Add your mite to the pile!

Comment

Sounds like you're approaching a Diana Tregarde (Mercedes Lackey) story...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

At least <my city>'s transit company does something about it (a few lawsuits will do that). I called in to report the driver demanding to see my husband's eligibility paperwork (don't need that for FULL FARE, just because he's in a wheelchair doesn't mean he is using a disabled pass) and she gave me trouble about not paying for both of us (an aide or helper is, under the company's policy, considered the same as a service animal and rides free because the paying rider needs the help).

I called and complained. Saw that driver the next time we were in that area of town. She recognized us, said nothing, but didn't offer to help strap my hubby's chair in (which they're required to do). Guess who just got another complaint? Yep, welcome to suspendsville, population: you.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I don't know if RTC is just really responsive in general, or if the route I take when I take the bus gets special attention because 80% of the people who ride it are state workers whose bosses boss could very well be a person in position to cut RTC funding, but damn if they aren't quick to respond to our complaints. We had a driver who the entire trip was complaining about how afraid of bridges he is (second tallest bridge in the state is on the route) and we could tell he was going much slower than he could have/should have for a good 5 miles prior to the bridge, when we got into Carson he did nothing but bitch and moan loud enough for the entire bus to hear about how horrible Carson's streets are and how unfair it was that he was expected to drive on them, and the piece to resistance, he hit a phone pole while going around a corner. The bus ended up being nearly 15 minutes late. That was his first, and last day driving, that route, he had been promoted from an on call driver to a regular driver for that route, and after just one shift he was demoted again. They only put the best on that route.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
              It sounds like it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt as a result of her driving. If they've been warned about it already, ....... Add your mite to the pile!
              YES. I'd end up with a head injury because that's what I do. And then I suppose I'd have to sue. S'okay; I have friends who are lawyers.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We have one guy who yammers into the mic the ENTIRE TIME he's driving. He isn't bitching and moaning, but he has the same annoying (yet cheerful) dialog he repeats over and over and over. On good days I don't mind him, but when I have one of my headaches I've been known to silently beg God to shut him up. That or take a later bus. Thank goodness that's only 10 minutes of my commute, the rest is via train. Nobody says anything though because he's nice and very considerate of his passengers otherwise.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                X