This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um..how about no

On my lunch hour today, I swung by Redbox to get a movie. I scroll through, pick the one I want, as I'm checking out a lady walks up behind me to wait for the machine. She talks about the one I'm getting and mentions she really wants to see it. I said I had been looking forward to it all week, and was glad that it was in. I conclude my rental and wander over to Starbucks for my coffee and figured that was it.

As Im waiting for my drink, the lady comes over and tells me that I was lucky, because I got the last movie. I smile and say "Wow, I was lucky!" she then talks about how sad her kids are going to be that they can't see it, and essentially goes into a long guilt trip about how her 6 year old is going to be SO sad. I told her that if she goes on to the website, she can see if any other Redboxes close by have the movie, and she can even reserve it and pick it up later.

She tells me that since I know about it, I should return the movie so she can get it and I can go look for it somewhere else. I advised her that this would not be possible. She then asked if I would let her "borrow" it and she would bring it to me tonight after they watched it. again, I had to go with no.

she gets pissed, tells me I ruined her kids weekends (I haven't done that since I worked retail!) and storms off. The barista and I just look at each other like

Oh, and the move her 6 year old wants to see so bad? Krampus.

I think her kid's are in for bigger disappointments as they get older. Way to prepare them for these whiny mom...

Comment

Only a weekend you ruined? Amateur!You should have at least made it a birthday or Christmas :P
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

And so another Entitlement Whore rides off into the sunset. Thanks for playing, you lose...

I love the part about "borrowing" it. Riiight....and then when she decides not to return it, you're on the hook for it.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I love the part about "borrowing" it. Riiight....and then when she decides not to return it, you're on the hook for it.
          You caught that too. Wanna bet she'd not bother to ask how to get it back to you as she leaves with it?

Comment

I know by me there's a Redbox at almost every store and fast food place. We even have two at my work and our competition across the street also has one. When it comes to renting movies I'm not even sure I trust family to return them on time.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

About Redbox, do you have to take the movie to the same one you got it from?
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                About Redbox, do you have to take the movie to the same one you got it from?
                Anywhere and in any state. Very handy for road trips.
                But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                And it's not what I wanted to be
                The weight on me
                Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
                X