This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes fight with the auctioneer

so meimei is moving into her new apartment tomorrow and the local auction house we love had a large amount of art and furniture we liked so we decided to hit up so we can get some pieces for her and my mom.

So we after we got a couch, two arm chairs, 4 dining room chairs, one small chair, 4 decor pieces and 5 paintings we were waiting for a bed frame and some bar stools my sister liked to come up when this 'gentleman' bought a set of matching and stack-able twin bed frames and mattress sets. He went, paid and came back to start hauling them out to his truck and refused help from the staff.

He got to the last piece of the mattress sets and lifted it up and held it up in such a way it blocked the auctioneer from seeing the crowd in the room. The auctioneer who had had to watch him struggle get out the other three pieces already stopped mid sentence and looked at him and said 'Sir, please let the staff help you so you can stop disrupting the auction' in to the mic.

Immediately a staff member appeared at the gentleman's side took he box spring from and took it out with another staff member at more waist level.

Since the auctioneer had stopped mid sell we could all hear what happened next.

The gentleman got all pissy and asked what the difference between him moving it out by himself and the staff moving it. The auctioneer still had his microphone on so we all hear him say 'when the staff move the pieces they dont lift it up to block my view of the bidders'

The man get really angry and calls him unprofessional and storms out the room. The auctioneers says to the crowd 'some people huh? and he asked me at the beginning of the auction for a job!'

The guy turned around to yell at him but the auctioneer had started back up and people where snickering at him. He left and the staff carried the rest of his stuff out for him.

Dude if you need a job to make an ass of yourself.

I was a temp at an insurance salvage auction site (read: glorified junkyard) some years back. The vast majority of people there were just fine, but... well, the auctioneer had a bodyguard with him, just in case.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

How much am I bid for this lot of (1) Crock of Shit?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
      X