Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...not only following them,but bumping them repeatedly in the back of the legs...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      ...not only following them,but bumping them repeatedly in the back of the legs...
      That is evil.

Iiiiiiiiii LIKE IT!
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Along with a trolley that, if not put back in the trolley area, follows the SC around til they put it back.
        Back in the 80s I saw patents for self propelled golf carts that followed the golfer around the golf course. So the technology does exist to do this.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          We need some sort of contraption that if an item is put somewhere it shouldn't be,it gets fired back at the SC with a loud message 'This does not belong here.Put it back where you got it from' I'm sure one could be designed
          Apply it to cups and wrappers from Starbucks/McDonalds/Wherever and I'm in. Sooo sick of finding those things shoved on shelves and in carts for somebody else to throw away.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It's been a dream of mine for some way to make people pay for the things they destroy. I wouldn't bother trying to force customers to re-shelve items, I'd hit them where it hurts: their wallet. Oh, you just had to open that package to see what was inside, then dumped it? Well too bad, you just paid for it. Oh, you left something frozen on a display and the whole display was ruined? You just bought every single thing, plus an extra fee for the expense of cleaning it up. Oh, your kid patiently moved 100 button cards to different pegs? You are charged a fee for the time it takes to put these items back correctly.

Of course if a person brings an item to the register to be restocked these fee wouldn't be charged. This could be done with some sort of RFID system, but this is pretty much Big Brother, surveillance state type stuff.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

One thing that used to bug me was parents who'd open up packets to feed their kids and then hide the packets under the rest of their shopping in the hope that I'd miss it. I didn't mind people handing me empty bags and packets, saying, "The kids ate this, can you scan it for me?" cuz well fed, quiet kids are better than hungry, screeching kids, but the ones who hid the empty packets or worse still, dumped them? Arseholes.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Less than five minutes to go in my shift today, I was planning on grabbing some baskets from the registers at the front to put them in the doorway, when a customer, in full view of me, drops a basket containing numerous cold items (sliced fruit, chicken nuggets, fresh olives from the deli department) on top of a display of soda and leaves, giving me not so much as a sideways glance. I honestly wanted to call out after him and ask if he was planning on coming back for them, but he was moving so fast (and I was so surprised at how blatant he was about it) that I didn't have a chance. I did look out the window at the front end, and saw him disappear behind a few parked cars, and a few seconds after that, I saw a car peel out of a spot behind them and head for the exit. Dude, you could have at least tossed off a half-hearted "I don't want these" over your shoulder as you left! As it was, I just left them at the service desk, and the regular lady there promised she'd make sure they got back to the produce department if the guy didn't return. Imagine if I hadn't been walking by when that asshole casually abandoned his perishables...

Comment

I bet that was a prop basket and he was shoplifting.

Comment

Today I found a handbasket with a too-convenient hole cut out at about waist level when carried normally (didn't take me long to figure out exactly how it could be used for stealing). It could have been just a manager trimming broken side slats so a precious customer wouldn't get cut, but I'm willing to bet that an SC discovered its other use.

Next time I see that basket it's either going off the loading dock or losing a handle so as to be unusable.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Found two packages of Lunchables abandoned in the magazine rack today, along with an empty bottle of some vegetable drink from the produce department. At least the Lunchables were still cold, so they could be salvaged.

Comment

I found a box of frozen snacks in the soda aisle earlier today. They were no longer frozen. Gave them to the first employee I came across. Cue rolling eyes, sigh, "Thank you."
                        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

It annoys me when I find stuff in the wrong place at the petrol station the most, cuz the place is just so small; putting an item back is a matter of a couple of steps, yet some people still don't bother. I've lost count of the times I've had to return milk, cold snacks and ice cream to their proper places, when the idiot who left them in the crisps, car care or chocolate just had to step to their right to do so. It brings a new meaning to the word "lazy".
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            It annoys me when I find stuff in the wrong place at the petrol station the most, cuz the place is just so small; putting an item back is a matter of a couple of steps, yet some people still don't bother. I've lost count of the times I've had to return milk, cold snacks and ice cream to their proper places, when the idiot who left them in the crisps, car care or chocolate just had to step to their right to do so. It brings a new meaning to the word "lazy".
                            I know it's not quite the same because my store doesn't have anything perishable, but I still am amazed at how lazy people are. I'll be standing next to someone, answering their question about bias tape, and they calmly pick up a package examine it, and put it down... anywhere. Not even trying to see where it came from, often not with the same color at all. I assume because those pesky displays have so many little packages, it would be too hard to find where it went. Never mind that the next customer might be looking for the package that just got misplaced, and not be able to find it.

(here's what a display looks like BEFORE it's destroyed by lazy customers)
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                            X