Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never noticed that at Walmart, but whenever I go to Walmart I always have my headphones on.

Comment

i tend to tune out the background crap in Wal-Mart... unless a good song catches my ear, in which case everyone nearby gets treated to listening to me sing along. lol.

the endcap video thingies catch my attention too, but just because they're close and comparatively louder (when you're right next to the dang thing). once i realize what that sound is, i try to tune that out too

Comment

Quoth The Braindead Live View Post
        Rush the Canadian power trio or Rush the radio personality?
        In other words, Rush the band whose music is not to everyone's taste (since some would find it offensive, it's inappropriate to play at a mass-market store), or the Rush who belongs on Fratching due to his expounding on political matters?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          In other words, Rush the band whose music is not to everyone's taste (since some would find it offensive, it's inappropriate to play at a mass-market store), or the Rush who belongs on Fratching due to his expounding on political matters?
          Well, as answered earlier, the Good Rush.

Because whether or not you like their music, you can at least be certain they aren't immediate fratching bait.
          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

We are the priests of the temples of Wal-Mart...

Comment

Not EVERY store. I shop in the local Walmart Neighborhood Market (grocery store only, not full size Walmart,) and they play the regular music over the intercom with occasional announcements/ads.

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
                i tend to tune out the background crap in Wal-Mart... unless a good song catches my ear, in which case everyone nearby gets treated to listening to me sing along. lol.
                Taaaaaaake onnnn meeeeee (Take on Me)
                Taaaaaaake meeeeee onnnn (Take on Me)
                Iiiiii'lll be gonnne
                In a day or twooooooooooooooo!!

---------

I actually heard Nirvana in a supermarket the other day.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I knew I was getting old when I heard a musac version of brass monkey playing in a grocery. Nirvana wouldn't even phase me at this point.
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                    Because whether or not you like their music, you can at least be certain they aren't immediate fratching bait.
                    Rush is OK. Of course it helps that I'm into prog rock. No idea why, other than I listened to Supertramp a bit too much...
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

They have several stations to chose from and it is dictated by the store manager or district manager. The one I worked at long ago has no music because the customers complained no matter what was played. They also only had the fitting room page over the intercom because multiple voices frighten and confused the customers. It was a special store.

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
                        They also only had the fitting room page over the intercom because multiple voices frighten and confused the customers.
                        The ones that aren't already hearing voices, anyway...
                        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          Rush is OK. Of course it helps that I'm into prog rock. No idea why, other than I listened to Supertramp a bit too much...
                          And now I can hear The Logical Song playing in my head. Makes more sense now than it did when I was 10 years old and it was playing nonstop on the radio.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            And now I can hear The Logical Song playing in my head. Makes more sense now than it did when I was 10 years old and it was playing nonstop on the radio.
                            Try the Fools Overture by Supertramp.

About 35 years ago I was the sound tech at my college's theater. as in I did all the sound effects and music stuff (on spliced 1/4 reel-to-reel tape at that had 3 decks running at one time once) for theatrical productions. One director, for the beginning of Romeo and Juliet, choose to use the first 3.15 minutes of Supertramp's The Fools Overture (just as the bells ring and the synth starts the beat) as the "opening" of the show. The actors would "wander" on stage as the lights came up, do a few stretching excersiese, then get into character as the music faded out.

I did see the tie in but I got KNOW that section of the song REALLY well.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                            X