This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom break

So today at Sam's Club we saw something that was quite unbelievable.

A young Asian mother with her little girl in the aisle with the Coffee makers. The child is barely a toddler. We are able to walk on our own, but is still VERY young.

The importance of this will be apparent shortly.

Said mother, in the middle of the aisle, pulls her daughter's underwear aside and allows the child to piss right on the floor.

Yeah. Not an accident, set the child up so she could fire for effect right in the middle of the aisle. No diaper, no training pants, no "grab the child and make a mad urgent dash to the ladies room...just "let's make sure she doesn't make a mess in her dress and panties so she can make a mess on the floor of a public retail establishment where they sell food.

God I was so wishing the laws of the land permitted me to take the mother by the scruff of her neck and rub her face in it.

Didn't though. Neither did we confront the woman directly. We just reported it to the Manager at Sam's and allowed them to deal with it.

What kind of person do you have to be to do that in a store? What common, classless, crass and thoughtless being do you have to be to force someone who is going to be stocking the food that you're going to be buying (as well as the rest of the buying public)...to handle your daughter's pee because you can't be arsed to?
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

There seems to be this lax attitude with some parents about potty training and bodily functions in general. Where it used to be a thing to do in private and not spread around in public, now it's normal and even fashionable to shrug and say "it's natural, let kids be kids." We had this happen at our store at least once, where the little boy just pulls down his pants and starts peeing. A CW was in that aisle and reacted to it, and the parent said, "well he already started." Same thing happened at a family cookout that I wasn't present at, but heard about. Little boy starts peeing on the campfire where people were roasting some veggies and hotdogs. The parents said the same thing, "he's started, now it's too late."

I know for sure there's some middle ground from being too strict or being too lenient. But it's like some people have memories of their childhood and go to the farthest extreme to be the opposite. "My parents were mean to me, and I'll never be like that to my children." And somehow that means not having any rules, for ANYTHING, not even following the rules of a business or laws of the land. That's not love, imo, that's neglect.

I apologize.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I've seen similar behavior in Mainland China. Toddler clothing often has an open split in the crotch of the pants because toddlers are expected to just squat and go potty in the street when they need to, and diapers are considered too expensive. There was a big uproar in Hong Kong when someone filmed mainland Chinese tourists letting their kid go to the bathroom in the middle of a street. HK residents started calling for a boycott of Chinese tourists.

Comment

Quoth Foxbite View Post
        I've seen similar behavior in Mainland China. Toddler clothing often has an open split in the crotch of the pants because toddlers are expected to just squat and go potty in the street when they need to, and diapers are considered too expensive. There was a big uproar in Hong Kong when someone filmed mainland Chinese tourists letting their kid go to the bathroom in the middle of a street. HK residents started calling for a boycott of Chinese tourists.
        When we visited Hong Kong back in the mid-70's there were signs EVERYWHERE warning people not to spit - IIRC it was a HK $10 fine at the time. So I can well believe that toddlers going potty is going to set people off BIG time!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Same thing happened at a family cookout that I wasn't present at, but heard about. Little boy starts peeing on the campfire where people were roasting some veggies and hotdogs. The parents said the same thing, "he's started, now it's too late."
          Should have found their car, started pissing on it, and when they came over to complain, excuse yourself by saying, "We'll. I've already started, and I have five beers worth of full bladder to empty."

I know for sure there's some middle ground from being too strict or being too lenient. But it's like some people have memories of their childhood and go to the farthest extreme to be the opposite. "My parents were mean to me, and I'll never be like that to my children." And somehow that means not having any rules, for ANYTHING, not even following the rules of a business or laws of the land. That's not love, imo, that's neglect.
          That's why it seems like every generation is dumber, lazier and more self-centered than the previous one...if you get handed everything you want, and never have to work for it, you turn into a egotistical shit. I got my rump paddled more than once as a kid, and always for a damn good reason (like one time I whipped a rock at my older brother at the beach, and it clipped the ankle of one of his friends ). But shit like that taught me never to do it again. You kind of have to fear your parents' authority at times...if you grew up never being scared of a punishment from your parents, then they didn't do a good enough job. And I'm not talking straight-up abuse, but parents have to say "No" to their kids at times and STICK TO IT in order for these long-term lessons to sink in and follow them into adulthood.

And, too often, parents think that they can let their L'il Pwecious do and say whatever the hell they want, wherever they are, because if they don't, they'll have to listen to their kids whine incessantly until they give in.

Comment

You do realize that your grandparents' generation said the same thing about yours, right?

"These kids, always staring at that new-fangled fire! They'll never go anywhere in life!"
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Not ever saying no to your kids is actually a thing; there's this crazy trend called "Yes Parenting" where you never tell your kids no as it damages them for life.

http://www.mommyish.com/2014/04/16/yes-parenting/

No, what damages your kids is not setting boundaries and making them believe that they can do whatever the hell they like.

My theory about badly behaved SCs who scream and throw tantrums when they don't get their way is that when they were toddlers, no-one ever corrected that behavior so now they think it's perfectly normal. XD
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Somewhat-related, an article on how we are not "too PC".
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X