This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does do not disturb mean to you?

So this guy, we'll call him Mr. DNDD. For Do Not Disturb Dumbass. Anyway, early this morning he comes up to me.

Mr. DNDD: Hello, my tub faucet is leaking all over.

Ok, so I write up a ticket for the maintenance crew to have it looked at today. Unbeknownst to me, Mr. DNDD puts a Do Not Disturb sign on his door and he goes to work.

Maintenance sees ticket and goes up and finds the sign. Do not disturb. Reports back.

At hotels, A Do Not Disturb sign means do not disturb! It's not rocket science. Room is called. No answer. Guest personal phone number is called, no answer. So it is left.

Later Mr. DNDD returns from work, and his tub is not fixed! He goes where my CW, Mr. Guru, is working.

MR. DNDD: Why wasn't my tub fixed?! The girl said that it'd be looked at today!

Mr. G: *after checking* I'm sorry sir, but according to our logs, there was a do not disturb sign outside your door--

Mr. DNDD: SO! WHAT!

Mr. G: If a guest put that out, we cannot enter for any reason to respect the guest's privacy.

Mr. DNDD: BS, what if I were dying?! How dare you blame me for my tub not getting fixed! I've not been so insulted! I demand to be moved!!

So poor Mr. G had to find the SC another room, and it was hard to do because we were overbooked. But finally he found him another and it turned out to be right next door to his old one. Usually this pleases guests, but not Mr. DNDD!

Mr. DNDD: I refuse to accept a room right next door to my old one! I'll hear the water dripping from the tub all night if I do!

Mr. G: Sorry, Mr. DNDD--

Mr. DNDD: DOCTOR DNDD!!!!

Mr. G: DR. DNDD, let me find you another room then.

So he looks and manages to find another far away, and gives him his keys. Mr. DNDD--sorry, DOCTOR DNDD--stomped off like the spoiled brat he probably was.

Moral of the story: Don't put a Do Not Disturb Sign outside your door if you want someone to enter!!!
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Should have been told take it or go somewhere else. What a moroon!

Comment

Doctor of dumbenomics

Comment

Clearly it means 'Read my mind, come in when I want you to, don't come in when I don't. You're responsible to intuit the difference. Hotel employees who guess wrong will be beaten.' to Dr DNDD.
        The rest of the world is clearly wrong about the meaning.
        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Why in the world would someone put a Do Not Disturb sign on a room that they're not in?

Comment

I only want my room cleaned every other day when I have a long stay, also I am in and out of my room all day. Last stay I put the sign out because I was working on coding and did not want to be disturbed. Suddenly I have knocking. Because my room was by the gate to the pool people walking by kept knocking the door sign down. I apologized to house keeping and put it back. This happened a few times. On the second to last I had to go ask for a new one because someone stole mine off my door and it was very confusing. I saw my do not disturb tag (it was unique in it had a wheel line from the cleaning carts) a few doors down on another door.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
              Why in the world would someone put a Do Not Disturb sign on a room that they're not in?
              Because they're quite disturbed enough.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                Mr. G: Sorry, Mr. DNDD--
                Mr. DNDD: DOCTOR DNDD!!!!
                I didn't spend six years in Sucky Medical School to be called "mister" thank you very much.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Unless you're wearing a sign or a nametag how would we know you're a doctor?

One day, after close to five years as minister of the church I was attending, the minister decided he didn't want to be called by his first name, as we'd all called him since day #1, he wanted to be called "Reverend Bonehead." My response was, "Okay, but you have to call me Mrs. Sparkly." It lasted a week.

Comment

For crying out loud! If the drip is in the tub, just put a towel under it to muffle the impact. No big deal. Not to mention he should be ashamed to be at a "Doctor" level of education and not understand how a Do Not Disturb sign works.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I hate that so much. Often we have people leave DND signs on their doors and then have a fit when their room doesn't get cleaned.
                      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

I read this NAR story: https://notalwaysright.com/placeholder-3/60140 and I could have sworn it was repost. Turns out I read it here. Was this your submission?
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Mrs Sparkly -- At ours, we have nearly a dozen of the regulars named ...let's say, "Jim," including the pastor. It's become a running gag that, whenever someone cannot recall another man's name, they just call him Jim (because there's a fair chance of it being accurate), and the addressee will respond as if their actual name were called.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                          X