This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy got me tonight...

...at least he just stepped on my toe, instead of poking me in the eye.

Made a burger run after work. Wound up going two different places. First stop, I turned around and walked out before I even reached the cashier - and I can count on one hand the number of times I've done that, even at fast food joints. But when you're three people deep in line and the guy at the counter has two cashiers and a manager over to resolve (to paraphrase) "yeah, we were in two days ago, you screwed up our order, I want you to remake it except for change these five things...", I bailed.

Nipped over to my second choice, et voila, the dude in front of me there drops a hundred on a seven-dollar order.

Bah, at least I got my bacon-cheeseburger craving satisfied in the end.
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Sad part is, the staff at the first place are probably expected to suck up to the idiots, instead of laughing them out the door. Two days ago, seriously? And you're just NOW noticing there was a problem?

Sounds like a gas station I went to the other day; it's at a corner, so cars were coming at the pumps from every direction imaginable. It was almost impossible to pick a line. Finally bought some milk and went elsewhere for gas ... somewhere where the lineups all run in ONE direction.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Sad part is, the staff at the first place are probably expected to suck up to the idiots, instead of laughing them out the door. Two days ago, seriously? And you're just NOW noticing there was a problem?

Sounds like a gas station I went to the other day; it's at a corner, so cars were coming at the pumps from every direction imaginable. It was almost impossible to pick a line. Finally bought some milk and went elsewhere for gas ... somewhere where the lineups all run in ONE direction.
      Gah, I have a couple gas stations like that near my house. They're always in a weird parking lot so everything's angled and there are four different entrances and just...nrrrrgh.

Comment

Quoth Ceir View Post
        But when you're three people deep in line and the guy at the counter has two cashiers and a manager over to resolve (to paraphrase) "yeah, we were in two days ago, you screwed up our order, I want you to remake it except for change these five things..."
        Arg, that's when you wish everyone in the line would collectively elbow that person out of the way. And why two cashiers? Shouldn't it be one cashier and the manager, leaving the other cashier to take orders? That crap irritates me at my work. One CW will have an issue, and another will go try to help, and then another... This is doesn't fix the problem faster, and also pisses off the other customers in line.

I swear every time I get into the drive through line, even if there's just one car in front of me, they are problem customers. The people who order food for their whole car, customizing each item, making separate orders, etc. Or the person who argues at the window. I always wonder if this is the time I see someone go psycho and try to lunge at the employee.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Arg, that's when you wish everyone in the line would collectively elbow that person out of the way. And why two cashiers? Shouldn't it be one cashier and the manager, leaving the other cashier to take orders? That crap irritates me at my work. One CW will have an issue, and another will go try to help, and then another... This is doesn't fix the problem faster, and also pisses off the other customers in line.

I swear every time I get into the drive through line, even if there's just one car in front of me, they are problem customers. The people who order food for their whole car, customizing each item, making separate orders, etc. Or the person who argues at the window. I always wonder if this is the time I see someone go psycho and try to lunge at the employee.
          This is why I almost always go in. Drivethoughs? Assuming the line isn't ridiculous, I'll hit the drivethrough if I'm ordering exactly one thing with no modifications.

Comment

Working...
          X