This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight dead grannies....

Not so long ago,I was doing an inspection run on pharmacies-ask to get Medicine A for Granny's arthritis.Check to see if they ask if any other medicines are being taken-if they do,then tell them Granny is on Medicine B for their blood pressure.This may well react fatally with Medicine A.
    None of them asked.All gave me Medicine A to take home to Granny,who has now died eight times from different pharmacies...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Wow. I hope those pharmacies are going to get a phone call, if not a personal visit, from somebody who will explain their responsibilities to them ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

<shrug> I have both tramadol and midrin [ok, the formulary version, not the brand name version] which if taken together can make one forget to breathe ... however I know enough *not* to take them together ... I would much rather suppress a migraine than deal with chronic pain if I have a choice. [if I pop a midrin when I get the first bit of aura, I can generally manage it enough to not be sitting in a dark room vomiting] I actually have several meds that are taken individually rather than as a bolus of meds, and I know when and how to do my meds, I have been taking various ones for upwards of 20 years.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

For some reason, when I first saw the title of this thread I may have sang it in the melody of 'Six White Boomers'... Why, yes, I am a bit twisted :P

Comment

Right AccountingDrone, but you KNOW they can be dangerous taken together. That's the pharmacist's job, to inform you that if said things are taken together it could be fatal.

Granny not knowing they could die if these meds are taken together, probably would take them together, and then no more granny.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

It's even better when a hospital does this. Like the one right down the road from me almost did to my grandfather. He went in for some ear surgery and a nurse discovered the anesthetic would react with a certain medication he was taking, with fatal consequences. So the surgery had to be put off until he was switched to a different medication.

For this and other reasons, my family prefers the hospital in the next town over, if we have a choice.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When my mom had hip surgery, as she was barely conscious in recovery, someone mentioned that she had a mild reaction to something. Later, when she was more alert, she tried to get someone to write down the name of the medication she had a reaction to. It was bewilderingly hard. She asked and asked different people, until finally she did get the name. (I think) I get that it wasn't a terrible reaction, but still, it was enough that they switched to something else for the rest of the surgery.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                For some reason, when I first saw the title of this thread I may have sang it in the melody of 'Six White Boomers'... Why, yes, I am a bit twisted :P
                It also goes to the melody of Ten Green Bottles...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  It also goes to the melody of Ten Green Bottles...
                  I was thinking of Ten Little Bottles.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                  X