This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    You can get your certificate directly from the state of California for only $14.

Of course, if you don't want to go into an office somewhere, you also have to get a form notarized, and that would cost, too.

^-.-^
    Well when I got ahold of somebody in Sacramento I was told I had to get the certificate from the courthouse in the county I was born in, had never done this before so I took a guess and called the capitol. I had to ask them what county Placerville was in, they were shocked that I didn't know, and after that and a few more long distance calls later, couldn't do anything on-line at that time, I had the address and dollar amount they wanted.

After it was all said and done I know that Placerville is in El Dorado County and that the town was called at one time 'Old Hangtown'.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Comment

It seems your government have finally seen some vague form of light:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html
        I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Did you know that if you were born in Quebec before (I think) 1975, your birth certificate expires and you have to get a new one in order to get a passport? Getting my husband's passport was a six-month ordeal by bureaucracy. I shall wish you all luck in getting your respective passports, and note that, oddly enough, it was far easier to renew my passport at the embassy in Bangkok than it was to renew my daughter's at home in Canada. I think that's a bad sign...
          Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

A couple of years ago they change UK passport law so even babies required a passport. Referees were required to sign the form and confirm that they had known new-born babies for at least a year.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Hi.
              Call me Sparky. I just registered. I've been a member in past incarnations of this site, but I had promised I wouldn't inflict myself on you again. But I love reading the posts here from time to time, and finally couldn't stand it anymore. I must join in! This is the thread that finally convinced me to de-lurk. And this is my story.

Some 9 years or so ago, I had to get a new Social Security card. My old one had been been in a wallet that was stolen years ago, and I was getting a new job and needed my SS card or my birth certificate for identification. I couldn't find my birth certificate -- I knew it was in the house somewhere, but I couldn't find it right away, so my new boss suggested I go get a new SS card. No problem, they'd just need a driver's license. It would take a few weeks for the card to come in the mail, but they'd give me a receipt she could use to complete the paperwork. So I hurried down to the SS office.

The nice lady there asked me if I had my birth certificate. No, I explained, I was having some trouble finding it. That's why I needed a new SS card. I was told I wouldn't need my birth certificate, I said.

Well, she said, it's just that it says here that you were born in 1873.

DAMN, but I look good for my age!
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                My sister went to renew her Health Card (government issued health insurance card) and stood in line for an hour. She reached the front of the line, her ankles swollen from supporting her and her unborn child, only to be told by the woman at the desk:
                "Great! Here's your [totally pointless piece of paper indicating you are alive or some such thing]. There's the line for the actual renewal. Its moving along quickly today, should only be another two hour wait or so."
                yuck. In the Ontario Ministry of Health offices, you take a number, and there's a seated waiting area with about 30 agents fielding cases, so your number pops up over someone's desk and you walk over to them. Still a PITA, but at least she could have been sitting
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                X