Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work in paint dept, don't know how to mix paint?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in paint dept, don't know how to mix paint?

Heard about this story from my Mom. My parents recently redid their house.. new floors, new paint job (word of advice.. NEVER SMOKE heavily in a house with white walls - they will turn YELLOW!), and new furniture.

So my Dad and uncle went to Sears to get some paint mixed up for the walls in the house. When they went to the paint department, the employee working the department said that he couldn't help them.. that he didn't know how to use the paint mixer! So my Dad and uncle just walked out of the store, and got their paint elsewhere.

Why would a store have someone working in the paint department that doesn't know how to mix paint? Maybe the guy didn't normally work in the paint dept and was just covering someone's break.. but still.. that's kinda sucky I think.. he should've tried to get someone to help him that did know how to run the mixing machine.

Of course.. I work for Sears' sister store, K-Fart (we're both under the same corporation.. Sears Holdings Corporation, that's why you get Sears cards shoved down your throat when you shop at the K).. so this doesn't surprise me. One day they made me cover Sporting Goods department for 5 hours. I didn't know how to process hunting/fishing licenses, I don't know SQUAT about sporting goods or guns, how to sell a gun or even where the keys to the display cases were..
    Last edited by RammsteinGirl; 06-17-2007, 09:31 PM.
    My Myspace, add me!

Maybe he was just covering a break, but he would have been smarter to just say, "I'm covering a break; I don't know how to use the machine but the regular guy will be back in a half hour" or whenever...

I did that when I covered the music department and had exhausted my limited mental resources on finding some obscure thing for a customer. They were usually understanding (especially the real music geeks who knew they were asking for something difficult).
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

you'd be shocked just how many times I was made to cover for paint when I worked for Lowe's. So, it's no shock to me to picture some poor sod, probably thier first or second week at the store; being asked to cover for a break and not being told how to mix paint.
      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

When I worked at Sears there were a couple of occasions when I had to cover the women's unmentionables department. I'm a man, and it was just a little bit awkward.
        "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
        "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
        --Dilbert

Comment

Quoth freaktard View Post
          When I worked at Sears there were a couple of occasions when I had to cover the women's unmentionables department. I'm a man, and it was just a little bit awkward.
          I may not need to wear a cup but I appreciate its use.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I have a friend who's a Supervisor at a large Hardware and Building Supply store. Now, my friend has extensive knowledge of plumbing. His Dad has been a plumber most of his life, my friend has most of his previous job experience working for his father, and continues to do so on weekends. He knows code requirements, ins and outs of spetic systems... EVERYTHING, from residential to industrial applications.

So where do they put him?

The only logical choice. Paint.

Now, the plumbing department supervisor? He wanted paint. He asked for paint. Paint he knew, he used to be supervisor there, but they moved him when plumbing lost its supervisor, because they wanted someone 'experienced'.

Eventually, he complained and fought and begged and pleaded enough that he got transferred out of plumbing, and put in as supervisor of paint. So where did my friend with more than a decade of plumbing experience go, and a proven track record (by this point) as a supervisor?

Why, the only logical place!

Tool Rental!

As someone said before, if it makes sense, it's not allowed.
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
              I may not need to wear a cup but I appreciate its use.
              Okay smarty-pants, if a woman walks up and says she needs a heavy-duty support sports bra, will you know where to find one?
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Two words. Duct Tape.
                Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                  Two words. Duct Tape.
                  *dies laughing*

Okay, smartass, I'll give you that one... but how the heck do you get it off without ripping your boobs off in the process?
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                    *dies laughing*

Okay, smartass, I'll give you that one... but how the heck do you get it off without ripping your boobs off in the process?
                    Things become less sticky at colder temperatures. Also, alcohol can act as a solvent.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

errr ow? I'm sorry, I'm a bit too emotionally attached to my boobs for that (besides, unless you kill me and stick me in the deep freeze, ain't no way the area UNDER my boobs is getting THAT cold :P)
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        Also, alcohol can act as a solvent.
                        Alcohol works wonders for getting a woman's bra off.

(Or so I've heard )
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

, I know, but the mention of paint mixing (and thence, other equipment found in the paint department) brought to mind a grimly humorous description of a nutcase I found on another forum elsewhere -

"...about as stable as nitroglycerine in a paint shaker..."

Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                          - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Working...
                          X