X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
    I have Spider-Man fever myself.
    I also like Batman, but Christ, are the comics getting darker and darker. I prefer old-school, Batarang-twirlin', non-creepy-Joker Batman.
    there is actually a series of batman comics out that combine the oldschool cheezy art and the new gritty style. batman: when worlds contrive. the last one never even got released becuase it was such a bomb, but it was reviewed in the MAD july '07 if you want a page sample. it's hilarious.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

http://superdickery.com

Hilarious site, if you're into comics. (And even if you're not!) It began as a showcase of instances of Superman being a dick, and has since expanded.

"Jimmy gained powers again, take a shot!"

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        Skandranon: Oh man, that's just priceless.
        InuYasha is the worst run-on story I've ever heard of.
        Hey, I like Inuyasha. But I harbor no delusions that the manga aren't comics, and would've been laughing at the pint-sized Barbie too.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Speaking of Comis, I've been itching and doubting whether to get Transmetropolitan (full, starting at number one), I'm not much into spending today but it seems good and Hunter is one of my heroes so I wonder has any of you read them? Are they good? how about the level of guro or sadism?
          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I can't go to Comic-con this year, not in the budget. Wah.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
              Speaking of Comis, I've been itching and doubting whether to get Transmetropolitan (full, starting at number one), I'm not much into spending today but it seems good and Hunter is one of my heroes so I wonder has any of you read them? Are they good? how about the level of guro or sadism?
              Yes, I have read them, I'm a HUGE Transmetropolitan fan. One of my favorite titles, actually. Just brilliant stuff. Lot's of hilarious banter, awesome political intrigue, great characters, etc. All around super title.

So yeah, they're good! And if you start reading them, please, do start from the beginning. It's involved, and so good you don't want to miss anything.

Not really sure how to answer your last question. Are you asking me if they are violent? They are pretty violent.

I'm reading "The Boys" and "Wormwood" by Garth Ennis right now. Like them both quite a bit. "The Boys" being about "What if superheros were wankers and what might be done about it?", and Wormwood about the Antichrist (who, incidently, works for the cable tv industry). Great stuff.

Just finished all four of Colleen Doran's graphic novels of "A Distant Soil", a saga I've been following for something close to 20 years. I'm sorry I'm done for now, I really enjoyed the heck out of it. Cant' wait for the fifth one to come out.

And my husband brought me back a graphic novel called "Iron West" from Hero's Con last month. He saw it, knows I love all things steampunk or western, so he picked it up. It's not bad, I'm digging it.
              Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 07-12-2007, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                "The Boys" being about "What if superheros were wankers and what might be done about it?", and Wormwood about the Antichrist (who, incidently, works for the cable tv industry). Great stuff.
                Gee, it's original because EVERYONE ELSE is doing it

(cynacism).

Stay tuned for my next webisode. I'll cover this topic after my two parter on Teen Titans.

Comment

Well, hell, that may be the case, but it's the only one I know about.

Knifeman, you doing a blog or something? Send me the link! I wanna read it.

Comment

Working...
                  X