Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh god AN. i totally avoided the rennisance this year because of yaoi north, even if it ment missing the gaming rooms.
    whoever put gaming and yaoinorth in the same building is not too smart that, since i know alot of gamers who dont like any contact, let alone boy on boy.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

What's wrong with Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Me and my dad watched that when I was 10-ish.

I just bought Princess Mononoke and my mum asked why a 20-year-old was still buying children's cartoons. Yeah...
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I love Roger Rabbit. I saw it in the theater when it came out (don't remember how old I was). I can see some parents having a problem with some of the sexual overtones...Jessica Rabbit and all that. But really, it's a lot better than a million other things out there...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

How many overtones are there in other animated works? Shrek had plenty of adult laughs in it, as did ... er, others. Sorry - eating. Not going to get much sense out of me right now.

Rapscallion

Comment

Roger Rabbit, I watched that as a kid a lot, I went as one of the weasels for Halloween a few years back.

How many overtones are there in other animated works?
            The channel Nickelodeon back in the 90s had so many adult overtones that I can't even begin to list. Rocko's Modern Life was one of them. My personal favorite was when Rocko was a phone sex operator (This is in children's cartoons), or the neighbors homemade "video". (Frogs and flies) I could go on and on. The Simpsons and Family Guy are cartoons and they definitely have overtones in them.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The channel Nickelodeon back in the 90s had so many adult overtones that I can't even begin to list. Rocko's Modern Life was one of them. My personal favorite was when Rocko was a phone sex operator (This is in children's cartoons)
              Rocko: Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby!
              Ms. Bighead: Rocko!?
              (they both slam the phone down)
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Rocko: Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby!
                Ms. Bighead: Rocko!?
                (they both slam the phone down)
                I remember that episode!
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

One other show had a character that didn't leak innuendo, he was innuendo. Cow and Chicken's the Red Guy character; went by names relating to his butt. Dr. Heinybottom, Baron Von Nein Lederhosen, Mrs. Pantsofsky, and Red Buttler. The rest of the names can be found here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Guy...ises_and_names
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I miss Rocko. The scene I'll never forget is when his kitchen was so dirty that his briefs crawled across the floor, sucked in a chicken leg that was lying on the floor, then spit out the bone. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

I was thinking that the anime Gunslinger Girl sounds a lot like the web comic that was mentioned, just from the description.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Velfarre2001 View Post
                      Berserk is NOT Guro.

I had my experience when my moms friend brought her 7 year old son over and I had Ninja Scroll on the counter. I was upstairs, she decided he should watch the cartoon.... heh. One guess how THAT turned out.
                      "Mommy, why is that man licking her there?"

Granted, I haven't seen all of Gunslinger Girl yet, but there's no rape or anything like that. If anything, Elfen Lied has more of that overtone than Gunslinger Girl.

I think back to a lot of the shows I saw when I was little, and frankly, a lot of the sexual stuff went right over my head. I didn't even notice it. My dad let me watch the 2nd Pink Panther (whichever one had the crossdresser with the knife-boobies), and the innuendo didn't even register to me.
                      I watched Labyrinth again a few years back, and was horrified at the pants David Bowie was wearing. Didn't notice them when I was little.
                      And the boobies on the sphinx statues in The Neverending Story? Didn't catch those until a later viewing a few years back, too.

Maybe I was just a clueless kid, but sometimes I think we overanalyze what content is "harmful" to kids.

Comment

And you also overanalyse what "children" are incapable of
                        Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
                        Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          How many overtones are there in other animated works? Shrek had plenty of adult laughs in it, as did ... er, others. Sorry - eating. Not going to get much sense out of me right now.

Rapscallion
                          Action League Now! - The Flesh.

Comment

I suggest you do a search on youtube "Yes Always".

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post

Granted, I haven't seen all of Gunslinger Girl yet, but there's no rape or anything like that. If anything, Elfen Lied has more of that overtone than Gunslinger Girl.
                              True, but it's not graphic; there's the storyline about child rape, and the one where that guy tries to rape Nyuu, but instead wakes up Lucy... who decapitates him. O_o But, even the scenes that deal with the child rape don't show any actual rape; you're just shown enough for you to use your imagination. Then again, I can't speak for the manga since I've only seen the anime.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X