This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Missing Link? Found.

My roommate, Shannanigans, and I both work together at a high volume Pizza Hut in Florida as line cooks. However, both of us work morning shift which means that occasionally we are understaffed and answer phones as well as make the food. On one such day, Shannanigans was flitting between the make-table and the phones and she recieved a very...special call from one of our most memorable customers.

After picking up the phone, Shannanigans offered the usual greeting that we are required to give which always ends with "How may I help you?"

Our darling little Einstein replied simply, "PIZZA!"

Stunned, but not entirely taken aback, my coworker found it in herself to respond, "Um...what's your address?"

Luckily our neanderthal could at least be guided through that much, but it fell into a ditch all over again when they actually arrived at the ordering stage. Once again, my coworker inquired, "What is your order?"

Once again, a remark of pure wit, "PIZZA!"

By this time I was nearly in stitches, but still it continued. Shannanigans at least managed to get the customer to decide on a size before continuing on to toppings.

The response was different this time, but no less glowing, "MEAT!"

My coworker nearing frustration and the customer nearing the point of being the ultimate Darwinistic folly, she finally finished the order before coming back to muse over how much God ACTUALLY hated us that day. It's still one of the greatest Pizza Hut stories we have to tell.
    Why did Darwin bother giving us hope?

Outside contact baaaaaad.
    Etiquette class goooooooood.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Omi Maxwell View Post
      Our darling little Einstein replied simply, "PIZZA!"
      All I can think of is Animal from the Muppets!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        All I can think of is Animal from the Muppets!
        For me, it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (doesn't matter which one, not really

Comment

hey quit stealing customers from Green Bay

I swear as soon as we pick up the phone most nights I work that is what we get --> GIMME PIZZA and very very very quickly ramble and mumble an order

aty least the Turtles knew what they wanted and the only thing was (at least in the very first movie) was getting free pizza from Domino's (while they still had their 30 minute guarantee thing going)
          Last edited by Racket_Man; 06-29-2007, 06:02 AM.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I wonder if he's the same guy from the other post that was going "STEAK!" I can't remember who posted that.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              hey quit stealing customers from Green Bay
              Dude, I noticed something as I was driving through Green Bay (both ways to and from the Dells)....

what the heck is that SMELL????? Seriously, about 10 miles before you hit Green Bay, there's this reeking miasma that doesn't go away until you're 10 miles PAST it. wtf?
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                Seriously, about 10 miles before you hit Green Bay, there's this reeking miasma that doesn't go away until you're 10 miles PAST it.
                paper mills? did it smell a lot like boiled fermented cabbage?
                Last edited by Ree; 06-30-2007, 10:43 PM.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Should've just given him the Pizza Hut equivalent of a meat lover's pizza.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                    paper mills? did it smell a lot like boiled fermented cabbage?
                    smelled more like raw sewage, actually... it was NARSTY. On the way home, my boyfriend actually piped up, "we must be coming into Green Bay" when he smelled it LOL

Even my five year old knows that when we're getting pizza, she needs to pipe up as to what she wants ON it
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                      smelled more like raw sewage, actually... it was NARSTY. On the way home, my boyfriend actually piped up, "we must be coming into Green Bay" when he smelled it LOL

every now and then some of the farmers spread cow manure on their fields. when I still lived just south and west of Green Bay in Hobart I was surrounded by farm fields. some times if the wind is blowing just right from the west even Ashwaubenon get inundated by the foul cow manure smell for days on end. sometimes it was sickening to walk outside at the gas station I used to work at.

it could be the paper mills but I doubt it or it could be the bay itself with the wind blowing right.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                        what the heck is that SMELL?????
                        Probably paper mills. I went to college across the bay from them. The waste from them smells kinda like the farts of a rabid broccoli lover. The waste gets spewed into the air and the water (or at least it used to).

Probably other assorted stinky things as well. I should also mention the college was not far away from a slaughterhouse (Packerland Packing)
                        Last edited by Ree; 06-30-2007, 10:45 PM.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Probably paper mills. I went to college across the bay from them.

I should also mention the college was not far away from a slaughterhouse (Packerland Packing)
                          that would be UWGB I assume???? yeah that could be it but where I am a little further south and west the cow manure is my "best" source of foul smellage LOL
                          Last edited by Ree; 06-30-2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            Probably paper mills. I went to college across the bay from them. The waste from them smells kinda like the farts of a rabid broccoli lover. The waste gets spewed into the air and the water (or at least it used to).
                            We have one up the road from our plant, and dump trucks drive past all day carrying waste from it, and that's about what it smells like. Yuck... nothing like walking into work to get a full blast of it when one passes by. The wind behind the truck carries the smell right into you like a punch in the gut.
                            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              every now and then some of the farmers spread cow manure on their fields. when I still lived just south and west of Green Bay in Hobart I was surrounded by farm fields. some times if the wind is blowing just right from the west even Ashwaubenon get inundated by the foul cow manure smell for days on end. sometimes it was sickening to walk outside at the gas station I used to work at.

I went to school in Lancaster County, PA and some days the cow manure smell was so bad you wouldn't open the windows if it was 100 degrees out! (No AC in the dorms, of course.)

If the wind was blowing the other way we got chocolate from the M&M-Mars plant in town
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X