This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testerossa

(Not sure about the spelling, and I'm in a hurry...)

So, I was on a stag do this weekend, hence the lack of lascivious comments, but there's one post I really have to make. The guy driving us around on the long distance aspects of this trip managed to have a brain fart and put petrol in his diesel tank, which was a downer, but I got chatting to the garage mechanic whilst he was draining it.

The worst occasion he's ever had with a customer doing something stupid was one of the national charity groups - I think it was the Rotarians. There was a twelve-year-old boy who was dying from leukemia, and his wish was to ride in a Ferrarri before he went. It just so happened that there was a local chap who owned a Testerossa, the very expensive and rare car of legend. He was also amenable to lending them the car for the evening on the basis that it would be back the next day.

The chap got his ride and was over the moon. They dropped him back off at home/the hospice and went to take the car back. It was late in the evening, and they figured that they had until morning, and hey - they had a Ferrarri to play with.

This was playing with it on third-party insurance only, what with them not being the named driver, as in it only covers people you hit and not the damage to the car you're driving yourself.

What can this car do? They wondered briefly before writing the bugger off by rolling it a few times.

Rapscallion, still wincing

So, did the joy-riders survive to be lynched by the hordes of car-lovers that descended upon them for destroying such a beautiful car?
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
      So, did the joy-riders survive to be lynched by the hordes of car-lovers that descended upon them for destroying such a beautiful car?
      if the accident itself didn't kill the driver (not the kid), then the owner should have.
      "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
        if the accident itself didn't kill the driver (not the kid), then the owner should have.
        Maybe he was in too much of a shock. I know I might need a friend with a bat if it was my car.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          I know I might need a friend with a bat if it was my car.
          I have a few baseball bats somewhere around here, if needed.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No idea if they survived or not, but the mechanic was grinning his head off at the memory.

Looks like the guy was out his insurance money in any case.

Still, the lad got his ride.

Rapscallion

Comment

I think if I had a Ferrari I would drive it myself, both to see the kid happy and to avoid what inexperienced drivers may do to a car like that, it's not as if it hasn't happened before.

Comment

I'm not usually sue-happy... but that's what this gentleman should do. Those joy-riders borrowed the car for charity, and should have used it only for that purpose. >.<

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  What can this car do? They wondered briefly before writing the bugger off by rolling it a few times.
                  I wonder if buying a new Ferrari in this case would be a tax-deductable write-off?

-Spiffy, looking for tax loopholes.
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Okay, the owner was an idiot. If I had a car that cost ANYWHERE NEAR 6 digits, let alone over it, hell, if I had ANYTHING worth that much, I would not let it out of my sight. The guy should have PERSONALLY drove the kid and the idiots around.

If I had that car, you would not get within 10 feet of it before I would gouge your eyes out for glancing at it funny.
                    Last edited by Velfarre2001; 07-05-2007, 12:29 AM.
                    "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                    James from Pokémon.

Comment

It was a charity helping sick kids. He probably thought that they, if anybody, could be trusted. He'll probably not ever donate to that charity again. Same goes for anyone he tells.

Comment

EVERYONE, no matter how trustworthy screws up at one point or another. Something that valuable should not be risked in another persons hands.
                        "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
                        James from Pokémon.

Comment

Working...
                        X