This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Happy Starbucks Story

There is a Starbucks inside the grocery store in the plaza where I work. Day before yesterday I went in to get something that had nothing to do with Frappucinos. On my way out the door one of the Grocery employees stopped me and said, "Hey, you forgot your drink!"
    Me: "What drink?"
    Him: "*Barista's name* made you a drink."
    I was puzzled since I hadn't ordered a drink. Hadn't even walked past the Starbucks.
    I headed back into the store- the barista wasn't behind the counter but she called over, "I saw you come in! Your drink is on the counter!" I thanked her and told her I hadn't ordered a drink and I didn't have money to pay for the drink now either. (I didn't either... I'm so broke right now. My last dollar went to the other much needed item I had just bought.)
    Her: "So? Just go get your drink- if you don't I'll have to throw it out... *wink/grin*"
    I get over to the counter and there's a Venti Mocha Frap on a napkin with my name wrote in bright orange.

It was much needed happiness in a day chock full of stupid jerks.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

It's acts of kindness like that that make your day better even if you have to deal with assholes who have nothing better to do than bring you down with their pissy attitudes.
    Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

aw, what a nice thing to do!
      "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

This is just a thankyou from the Karma meister, to remind you that you DO kick ass at work, and do a DAMN GOOD JOB AT IT.

Ain't life fun when you get surprises and goodies like this?

Cutenoob
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

What a happy story.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That's so nice!

When I worked in Store1 there were a few Starbucks employees who would have my drink ready by the time I got to the register to order. And sometimes they would pretend to press some buttons and tell me to have a nice day (that depended on who the manager was at the time). Sometimes all I had to do was poke my head in the door and if I caught the eye of the right person a drink would be waiting for me as soon as there was no line. And every once in a while one of the guys would bring me a drink to the cashwrap when I couldn't get away. It's such a good feeling to know that someone sees your face and thinks "I should make her a hot chocolate (in my case) even though she hasn't asked for it."

Edit: They also let me cut the line on Harry Potter night to get stuff for our staff
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-02-2007, 10:37 PM.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X