This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I Have Learned From Retail

I went into totem today to pick up a few items. I havent been into a Totem in years so while looking for an item I decided to see if I could find someone to help me. No one was on the floor near me and they wore uniforms that looked very much like normal casual attire. I went up to customer service and saw a sign that said 'For Fast and Prompt Service Please Take a Number'

After taking a number and waiting for about 5 minutes my friend comes up and asks what im doing.

I tell him I saw most people go to the service desk and thats where they would gvet someone to help them. I could wait in an aisle for about 30 minutes demanding assistance and waiting until the people are done at the service desk, or wait 5 min and be hlped exclusivly.

A man listening to us said 'It would be better to come bvack tomorrow morning since they only have one person on!'

I told him there was 4 people on and it was preobably better to wait 5 min now then come back in 15 hours :/

What have i learned from working retail? Do it the store's way. It WILL be fastest.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Gee, I thought the post was going to be something bitter and caustic. Now, I'm bummed.

My first thought of what I learned from retail is that I know when a man is shopping for his wife and when he's shopping for his mistress/girlfriend. It's obvious, and I don't need the bulls**t story you feel the need to tell me. Pay me and go f**k up your life some more; I'm not interested.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I already knew this, but it's been driven home much more since I've been doing this job: Don't shoot the messenger. Jaysus.

Also, shut off your fan when you're going through the drive-through, my ears will thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X