This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy, you passing me a fake ID?

Pappy's was a chicken joint here in town years ago. It was owned and operated by a crusty old ex Marine named...well...Pappy.

The first time I went to Pappy's, and I wondered why there were hundreds of driver's licences cut in half and pinned up on the wall behind the bar. The picture halfs, to be specific. I recognized some of the pics. In fact, my husband's younger brother's mug was hanging there on the wall as well.

Here's how the guys all discovered where the pics came from.

My young brother in law was a bit of a hell raiser. They were all in Pappy's one night, and my BIL tried to buy a beer. He was underage...and had a fake ID. Pappy looked the ID over, narrowed his eyes, and said in a very scary hiss. "Boy...you trying to show me a fake ID?" Apparently, my BIL was familiar with the drill, and ran like hell for the door. Pappy grabbed a large metal pot and a wrench, beating the pot as loud as he could. The other patrons (including the husband and friends) rose as one, screamming "YEEEAHHHH PAPPY!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!!! Fists pumpting the air, feet pounding the floor, tables thumping up and down. BIL is hauling ass down the street.

Pappy produces a large pair of scissors and ceremoniously lops the fake ID in half, adding the picture half to the Hall of Shame behind him.

People would frequently take fake ID's to Pappy on purpose, because if they could fool Pappy, they could fool anyone. But it was nigh impossible to fool Pappy.

I bet anyone who suffered that humiliation would think twice before passing one again. I like his style.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I'm really beginning to like this Pappy guy.

You got any more stories about him?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Hehehe...no, not really. I guess after that, anything I add will seem kind of anticlimactic.

I will say, though, that as a young college girl, Pappy's was a great place to hang out. Because Pappy would keep an eye out for you. You would not suffer unwanted attention, even if you were hanging out alone. Pappy would not allow you to be bothered in his place by people you weren't interested in being bothered by.

Of course, that didn't stop HIM from flirting a little with you.

Comment

I don't know who this Pappy person is but I now love him.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Of course, that didn't stop HIM from flirting a little with you.
            Because Pappy was a "Dirty Old Gentleman"(TM) and not a nasty pervert :-)

Comment

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post
              Because Pappy was a "Dirty Old Gentleman"(TM) and not a nasty pervert :-)
              I prefer, Dirty Old Dog™. It's what a Wolf turns into when he gets old and mellows out.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

That's so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Good man.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I always appreciate the authoritive, older gentleman that looks out for the ladies in his bar and doesn't tolerate people who think that they are above the law.
                  Check out my cosplay social group!
                  http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                  X