This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any other businesses do this?!

So we are having a little heatwave right now (35+ most days for the last week and for this week to) and so tonight k and I head off to DQ for a frosty treat. We order "waffle icecream cones" at the drive through, and im not paying attention and then notice he has handed me a chocolate dipped cone... which is strange because he didnt order dipped. He pulls around to the front and we take them back inside and ask for them to be replaced.

As soon as the manager see us she says "no chocolate right?" before we even get up to the counter and Kyle tells her we didnt order chocolate (he knows her from highschool so they laugh and joke while they remake the non chocolate cone) and she nods knowingly and says that Corp MAKES THEM default to chocolate dip and charge the extra!!!!! 70 cents in our case....so 70 cents isnt a big deal right, nor is getting a choco cone (but Im fussy with my food and if I didnt speficially say chocolate I dont want any) and I have NO COMPLAINTS about the workers, what really tears my nightie is the fact corp set up the computers to automatically make that choice for me!!!!

How many people are being charged for crap they didnt even want or ask for in the first place!

WTF is up with that! I dont want some assclown suit at HQ deciding if I get chocolate or not! It makes me wonder what else other companies are trying to get away with!!!

sorry... theres my anti-massive-multinational-corporation-rant for the day.
    It serves me right, theres a mom-n-pop icecream store downtown I should have gone there!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

At the cinema where I work, we no longer put small cups for the self-serve drinks or small popcorn boxes at the self-serve hopper. This means anyone who isn't specifically looking for small sizes buys am medium or large. Anyone wanting small has to queue at the counter and ask for them.

Yey conflictingly, we are encouraged to offer customers combos (drink and popcorn in matching sizes) to save them money and so offering good service, because the difference in profit is minimal.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Where I am now, when someone uses a credit/debit card, it defaults to debit and we have to make an end-run around the computer to get credit. I know why, too. So they don't have to pay the CC fee for a small purchase. But, this is the only place I've ever seen that done. Everyone else gives you the choice automatically!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        Corp MAKES THEM default to chocolate dip and charge the extra!!!!! 70 cents in our case....
        I think that's just wrong. Giving the customer something they didn't want/ask for AND charging for it?

If I knew what DQ that was, I wouldn't go to it.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          I think that's just wrong. Giving the customer something they didn't want/ask for AND charging for it?

If I knew what DQ that was, I wouldn't go to it.
          They might be assuming that since they are advertising the dip in their commercials that people are going to expect it, but then they shouldn't be charging extra for the default. That's not right.
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

i'm wondering if that has lawsuit potential...charging extra for something you didn't ask for to begin with without informing you of said charge? sounds shady to me...

*disclaimer: i am not a legal expert, nor do i claim to be one*
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
            X