This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't believe it

I went into a nice, upscale store to see what they had in the way of sweets (I have a massive sweet tooth). Guy was in there, talking to the employee at the counter. Since I was looking around, I wasn't paying much attention to their conversation, until it started getting weird.

Guy bought something. I don't know what. Something cheap. Then he went to the door, turned around, and said to the employee, "You know what? I don't like you. I hope you get fired soon, because I don't like you."

Employee, with a smile on his face, said, "Peace out. Get the hell out of here." (I can understand his feelings, but I don't think that was the right way to respond to this nutcase.)

Guy continues bitching, then leaves. With a small child in tow.

I bought something, commiserated with the employee, and left.

Guy was waiting about half a block down the street. As soon as I neared him, he began walking next to me, saying, "That guy's not gonna last long. Either he'll get fired, or I'll beat him so hard he won't be able to stand. I don't spend hundreds of dollars in that place every month just so..."

This is when I turned away and began walking in another direction. When I saw he wasn't following me, I went back to the store and gave the employee the heads-up on what Mr. I-spend-hundreds-of-dollars-here-a-month had been saying.

The employee laughed it off, saying, "Let him. I've been studying martial arts for years."

Be that as it may, this was a delusional man threatening violence against someone he'd only just met - and this delusional man is in charge of a child. If this is what he'd say to a stranger, what happens to that kid behind closed doors?

If I see him again, I'm going to sneak a picture of him and take it to the police.

Good for you, going back to warn the employee. Hopefully this guy is all talk, but if he's really in there that often they should know he's made threats. And yeah, I'd be worried about the kid, too...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

His behaviour begs the question, was the child really his or some random kiddie he snatched off the street?
      Total surrender
      Your touch is so tender
      Your skin is like water on a burning beach
      And it brings me relief
      "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Well, that man is just beyond disturbing.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Anyone have a witty comment as to what the cashier and Mr. Money bags were arguing about?
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
            Anyone have a witty comment as to what the cashier and Mr. Money bags were arguing about?
            He wanted maple sugar candies, but a flavor other than maple?

*Emmeileia is in the throes of a massive maple craving...*

Can't pay for penny candy with a $100?

Oh, or perhaps the candy gave him a cavity, and it is all the clerk's fault!

Comment

As far as I could tell, the kid was his. This is not a huge city, so a missing kid is more likely to be noticed. The kid was awfully quiet, though. The guy put the kid in a stroller and headed down the street, then (I think) waited for me to come out so he could bitch to me. As though I care how much money he wants to believe he spends in there. The cashier said that Mr. Delusional was bitching that a certain baked good was "too dry" and he didn't want it, whereupon the cashier told Mr. D. that he (the cashier) had just wrapped it. I guess he didn't bow and scrape enough, because Mr. D. just bitched all the more.

Comment

Some people just live to piss and moan, as if it could possibly make them happy somehow. Nope, misery loves company.
                Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                The Office

Comment

Quoth Emmeileia View Post

Oh, or perhaps the candy gave him a cavity, and it is all the clerk's fault!
                  Well in that case, the inventor of cheesecake owes me for the cost of liposuction.

Comment

Working...
                  X