This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me TOOOOOOOAAAASSSSTTTT!!!!

Ok not a huge sucky persons bit but oy, now that I'm awake I felt moved to post this. Most were awesome but there were a few that drove me crazy over a single piece of freeken TOAST! If this is in the wrong spot please feel free to move it m'kay? *HUGS*

As mentioned, my friends and I went to CONvergence in Minnesota. It was a BLAST!! Given that my friend and her boyfriend had created the House of Toast like 10 years ago, we did volunteer for an hour of toasty goodness. This should be easy right?

Mind you, the hours are posted, 9-2am. And this is after the masquerade ball so it "should" be slow to start with. So ducking up for set up should be even easier right?? Darned liars....

I excused myself early from the ball because I was dying of heat (who knew that duct tape and vinal were miserable??). So I go to set up at 8ish. People were literally trying to get in with me even though the sign stated the times and the toasters/toppings weren't even set up!!

I do some basic stuff like taping up mylar (It looks like a giant toaster in the room) and realize that I need liquid to get me through. A gal from the room and I go to the gift store for refreshments, come back and these same people try to go in with us again!

Now I wouldn't be so bleh about it but this kid was about 8, his mom was there just reading a book and we told him a bazillion times that we opened at 9. It's just toast and odd toppings for goodness sakes! You literally could get all but the Nutella from the PB&J suite upstairs. The kid I can forgive, they are anxious lil things. The adults on the other hand, they need to be shot.

I was in charge of the 3 toasters, of which one died (got it replaced pretty fast but smelled like it was burning). I tried to keep a good mix of white and wheat bread to keep people happy right? *sigh* Heaven forbid people had to wait for one or the other because the line was out the door and down the hallway. I toasted as fast as those poor lil toasters would allow me. You'd think I was in charge of the whole thing. The majority were very patient but there were a few that were huffy. IT'S JUST TOAST PEOPLE!!!

For the majority of it, it was very VERY fun! However, when you're getting free toast and toppings (tip if you want to), how can you complain over how long a toaster takes? It's either that or I get complained at how cold the toast is! Let's not even start on the imprints we made on the toast for fun (pirate flags and what not). *Massive sigh*

It's toast people, I smelled like it for the rest of the night and I had damned fun doing it. Aside from that it was FREE! You'd think that would give some people mannors but yeah, I forgot the rules. Thank goodness for Willy Wonka and his candy shots.

Thanks for letting me complain. I mean the rice was crunchy at the con suite but hey I was still greatful for it! Humans irk me I swear. Does anyone else have a way to deal with irky free con goers?

<3
    A tired Bunny
    Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Quoth Lil Bunny View Post
    I excused myself early from the ball because I was dying of heat (who knew that duct tape and vinal were miserable??).
    See, now, you've got my curious up! Do you happen to have any pictures of said ensemble?
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Sadly nothing good at this point. All the photos that were taken and nothing is posted on line yet. Darnit. If you look in the corner, you can sortof see me. Blah will try to update when I'm updated!!! Heh trust me, imagine a long red haired chick in purple hot pants and a pink duct tape bra and you about have it.
      Attached Files
      Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

I want toast.

I have a toaster and everything, but the man of the household eats the bread before I can turn it into toasted goodness... :sigh:
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

At my university last year we had International Toast Day. Some guys just got a table, toasters and butter, set up outside and handed free toast to all and sundry.

It was very nice toast.

Comment

Here ya go, the lyrics to the Toast Song (Remember, you have to scream the 'yeah TOAST' parts at the top of your lungs like a homocidal maniac):

all around the country coast to coast,
            people always say what do you like most,
            I don't wanna brag i don't wanna boast,
            I always tell 'em I like toast.

yeah TOAST yeah TOAST

i get up in the mornin' bout six AM,
            have a little jelly have a little jam,
            take a piece of bread put it in the slot,
            push down the lever and the wires gets hot,
            i get toast.

yeah TOAST yeah TOAST

now there's no secret to toasting perfection,
            there's a dial on the side and you make your selection,
            push to the dark or the light and then,
            if it pops too soon press down again,
            make toast.

yeah TOAST yeah TOAST

when the first caveman drove in from the drags,
            didn't know what would go with the bacon and the eggs,
            must have been a genius got it in his head,
            plug the toaster in the wall,
            buy a bag of bread,
            make toast.

yeah TOAST yeah TOAST

oui monsieur bonjour coquette,
            uh huh croissante vous a ver,
            maurice chevalier effeil tower,
            oh oui maria bagette bon soir,

FRENCH TOAST FRENCH TOAST

in chicago around the Bob and Tom show

YEAH TOAST

Lyrics > B > Bob And Tom Lyrics > Toast Song Song Lyrics
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Remember Powdered Toast Man?

Comment

You'd think fans would know better!

And your toast rocked! I got a slice on Friday and a slice on Saturday Can't remember all the toppings I had though. Can't wait to see you guys next year!

I was the one in the purple jacket wandering around roleplaying as Romana IV, btw
                DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                  Here ya go, the lyrics to the Toast Song (Remember, you have to scream the 'yeah TOAST' parts at the top of your lungs like a homocidal maniac):
                  I LOVE that song!!!!!! I have it on my computer.

The man of the household HATES it with every ounce of his being. I don't know why....I think he has said he doesn't get it.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X