This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOP CALLING ME

So I've received roughly 25+ calls from HomeEq Servicing (916-576-0528). Eachtime they ask for someone who doesn't live here, each time I tell them that no one lives here by that name.

I started getting harsh, telling them to stop calling me.

I did a Google search, and apparently this is what they do. They are the lowest collection agency that is affiliated with the lowest quality of banks (Wachovia). They don't care that they're harassing the hell out of us.

Well, next time they call (which should be within the next 10 minutes) I'll tell them to stop calling me or I am reporting them to the state attorney's office for harassment, the FCC for telecommunications abuse, the Better Business Beru for piss poor service and refusal to stop harassing the wrong people and maybe I'll press harassment charges and sue them.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Go you!!!! Hopefully they stop.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

The next time they cal request a supervisor . . .

Inform said supervisor that you do not know the person they are looking for and have on multiple occasssions asked to have your name removed.
      Let them know you also have documentation of date and time of all calls recieved and will be passing the information on to your attorney upon the next call from them.

Most likely the people who are calling you are not making proper notes in the system to have your number removed - either because they are lazy or they haven't been trained properly.
      Continuing to call after having been instructed not to for collections is a major No- No.

Comment

Give them my little stalker friend's phone # and say that's the person they want.

I'm sure once her phone gets flooded and blown up with hundreds of calls a day, she will see how it feels to be harrassed, and she'll think twice before harrassing people again and finally understand why I ignore her.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

When I first moved back to Denver from Seattle and got my new cell number, I started receiving calls from collections for someone named Aaron T. After repeated calls multiple times a day for weeks, and repeated requests by me to stop calling, that I don't know this person, the woman (yes, same woman each time) insisted that I was Aaron's girlfriend and that he would ruin my life if I kept protecting him.

My response was to threaten her with a harrassment suit. She stopped three calls later when I made good on my threat. So hold tight. It will end with either no more calls, or the good feeling of legal action.

Comment

A note to your states attorney general with dates, times, conversations stops the abusive calls also. Did that once and called the # back and calmly explained that the person they were looking for has not lived here for years, never had this number and we cannot find them. No calls since from either set of dirtballs.

Comment

I had that happen to me before. Each night for a month, I keep getting a phone call. Same company, different person. I finally had enough, and told them to stop calling me. They did not listen. I told them again that I will take legal action, and that I had prove of them harassing me every night. They finally stopped 2 phone calls later. They keep insisting I was protecting that person.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

My son was getting collection calls on his cell phone for awhile, along with drunken idiots trying to reach someone who apparently used to own that number. Probably the same person the collections people were trying to get a hold of.

I kept telling him to tell me next time they left a message so I could tell them they're calling a 13-year-old and to knock it off, but one of us would always forget. The problem is kind of solved now anyway. His egg-donor (can't really think of her as a mother) got a hold of the number and just wouldn't leave him alone. He could deal with the drunk idiots and the collections jackasses, but when she started calling, he practically begged me to get his number changed.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  My son was getting collection calls on his cell phone for awhile, along with drunken idiots trying to reach someone who apparently used to own that number. Probably the same person the collections people were trying to get a hold of.

I kept telling him to tell me next time they left a message so I could tell them they're calling a 13-year-old and to knock it off, but one of us would always forget. The problem is kind of solved now anyway. His egg-donor (can't really think of her as a mother) got a hold of the number and just wouldn't leave him alone. He could deal with the drunk idiots and the collections jackasses, but when she started calling, he practically begged me to get his number changed.
                  ohhhhh that sounds aweful
                  I get calls about my morgage.... i dont have one. Its from different companys and they never ask for name....... just a recording.

On of the basic rules in my house is unles they use your actual name nope wrong number.
                  So call for Ronald Newton? NOPE not here.
                  Most companies have gotten the "If you want to be able to reach me you want to leave a note on my record telling you all how to pronouse my name. Or you aint getting through" more than once.
                  Because we don't give a damn.

Comment

Some phone companies now offer Caller Announcement, where the person calling has to record who they are, you pick up the phone, and then decide whether you'll take it or not.

Here's a quick and dirty description

Comment

This is becoming a serious national problem with abusive debt collectors...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14503387

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8733453/

---The thing to do is report them BOTH to the Federal Trade Commission and your state's Attorney General office. After they get enough complaints they BOTH will sue them and eventually they WILL get shut down if they dont stop.
                      Last edited by ditchdj; 07-28-2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X