This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang Up and Ride!

This time SC stands for Stupid Customer.

There were problems on BART today. We ended up being told that the train we were on was being taken out of service, and we needed to exit the train and wait for the next one.

Everyone dutifully exited and waited on the platform. I sighted a friend and walked down to chat with her. While this was going on, the train was still sitting in the station, waiting for permission to move. Something caught my eye, so I glanced in the window and there was a woman sitting there, talking away on her cell phone. I had a book open in my hand and a jacket over my arm, so I made a big gesture toward her and mouthed, "You have to get off the train." She looked, saw the car empty, saw everyone else on the platform, and jumped up, still carrying on her phone conversation.

Too late, the doors closed just as she got to them. I yelled, "There's someone on the train," but we were at the far end and the driver didn't hear us. The train pulled out, headed for the yard with the cell phone addict still onboard, pounding on the doors that had shut in her face.

I turned to the other people on the platform, and we all burst out laughing at the same time. We couldn't help it.

I'm not taking delight in this woman's mistake, but it was like being in a movie, the setting and timing were so perfect.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

When I worked at summer camp, a group of us went into NYC for the day and tried to navagaite the subway... as we went through the turnstile the people at the front of the pack started to get on the train. Not realising that the people at the back were till putting their tickets in.

Everyone who had gotten on to the train, started to leap off and everyone made it except me! I watch in horror as the doors slide shut and Im alone on a subway in the middle of new york and scared out of my wits. The group on the other side of the doors are SCREAMING for help because none of us know what to do. I yelled through the glass I would get off at the next stop and then stay put until they could catch up.

Scaryest 20 minutes of my life!!!

The natives however had a great time laughing at our panic...
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      I'm not taking delight in this woman's mistake...
      Why not? It's the perfect karmic backlash! Nobody was hurt, but she gets a very inconvenient reminder that one should pay more attention to the world while on the phone.

...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
        Why not? It's the perfect karmic backlash! Nobody was hurt, but she gets a very inconvenient reminder that one should pay more attention to the world while on the phone.

I agree...I took great delight reading it!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I had a similar experience to Kiwi's. My sister and I were taking a train from Paris to Amsterdam, with a transfer in Brussels. When we got to Brussels, it turns out that the train that we were suppose to get on was out of service, so we were instructed to take a local train to Antwerp and transfer there to Amsterdam. It was a crowded train, due to the break down. We pulled into the first station in Antwerp and were instructed to disembark. Well, my sister disembarked. I was behind her and got stuck. The doors slammed shut between us. I had our tickets and passports on me. As the train pulled away with me on it, we frantically motioned to each other that I would get off at the next station and come back. Luckily, the next station was the final station and the train just turned around. I also ran into an american fella who also got separated from his pack, so we kept each other company until we got back to the original train station (his pack was keeping my sister company).

Now we joke about never leaving each other in Antwerp again.
          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Working...
          X