This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF moment at Timmy's

I ran across to the Tim Horton's to get my lunch, and I walk into the middle of this:

Some 20ish girl is yelling that she wants the complaint number, and the name of the guy on the register. Basically keeps repeating, at volume. Throw in swears as desired for flavour. Eventually I piece together the gripe. Apparently, she'd ordered a large sandwich, and only recieved (and paid for) a small, as the guy on the register either misheard or punched it in wrong. I've gone there more than a few times, and that guy's always there. He's nice, and fairly fast at his job considering I'm fairly sure that English isn't his first language, people jonesing for a fix aren't always coherent, and Timmy's has a language all its own. So I'm feeling pretty bad for him to be getting yelled at like this (even though he did it to me once, but I didn't care, as I didn't really need the large anyway).

She keeps yelling, adding in she isn't going to pay the difference since it was his mess up (I think they either gave her the large, or a second small, couldn't tell). To this point, yeah, she's been irrationally loud, obnoxious, and generally SC, then she drops this gem that had pretty much everyone in the place going
    She said, "I used to work in a Tim Horton's and I got fired for this exact same thing!"

Bwah? You used to work in a Timmy's, dealt with the people, know mistakes are possible, etc. etc. and you're pulling THIS?!?! That pretty much convinced me she's either got a vendetta against Tim Horton's and is looking to find every flaw possible, or she's just a who wants to hurt someone else the way she's been "hurt," 'cause I'd bet dollars to doughnuts (heh) that that wasn't the ONLY reason she was fired.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

There's a 100% chance that it wasn't reason they fired her.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

when i go into other bookstores i am extra nice to people because i know what they put up with...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Wow. Just wow. Sounds like she's got a chip on her shoulder about Timmy's. People make mistakes. It happens. She of all people should know that.
        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          There's a 100% chance that it wasn't reason they fired her.
          With a 60% chance she made the whole thing up.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
          X