This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could you tell?

Last night on my way home from work I stopped to pick up a 6-pack of brain bleach. I was standing in line waiting to pay and this guy behind me says "Buying some beer?"

I looked at him, looked down at my prospective purchase, and said "Uh, yeah."

He says, "Cool!"

"I guess....."

This guy was not a kid or a windowlicker or "special" in any way that I could tell, so WTF? Anyone else have some douchenozzle randomly comment on your purchases?
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

I have this happen often. I never remember asking them to comment on my purchases, but people still do it.

The one store that I love to shop in has cookies that they make right there in the store that are to die for, so I buy a bunch when I go in and it never fails that someone has to mention that I'm buying cookies. NO! REALLY??
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is when we buy ingredients for dinner and it's really obvious what we're making: like spaghetti noodles, tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce. "Looks like you're eating spaghetti tonight!" Wow, what deductive skills!
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I was buying a six pack of Michelob Ultra when some dork-nugget joins me in line. He tells me how his friend left some of that at his house once and how badly it sucked. He then tells me I should buy better beer.

Another incident I was followed around by another asshat. If I looked at hot sauce he would babble how he liked green more than red. Repeat with other items I was looking at.

I swear it's like I'm wearing an invisible sign that reads "I'm a helpless wittle female who has no idea what I'm doing. Help me"

Gag
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Posting this made me think of my co-irkers every time I ride my motorcycle to work. I come walking in carrying a helmet and other bike wear, someone has to say,

"Did you ride your bike today?"

"No, dipshit, I wear this stuff in the car."

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
            I was buying a six pack of Michelob Ultra when some dork-nugget joins me in line. He tells me how his friend left some of that at his house once and how badly it sucked. He then tells me I should buy better beer.
            He was bitching about beer that was left at his house?!? I call that "found beer" and drink it with a grin.

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
            Another incident I was followed around by another asshat. If I looked at hot sauce he would babble how he liked green more than red. Repeat with other items I was looking at.
            In a situation like that I like to step out of my comfort zone a bit and start talking about weird stuff, like how I founded my own religion deifying my cat(I didn't really). If that doesn't make them leave, start discussing the excruciating minutia of your new socks.

Comment

Every time I go into Winco's and I see that they have Small Business magazines. I always get one.

SC: Stupid Customer
              ME:

SC: Starting your own business?
              ME: Nope, I am going to use this as wallpaper(while thinking to myself, Here's Your Sign)
              SC:

Actually, I only said that a couple of times.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                In a situation like that I like to step out of my comfort zone a bit and start talking about weird stuff, like how I founded my own religion deifying my cat...
                Hmm...according to my old D&D books, that makes your cat eligible to grant up to 3rd level cleric spells. Try some Cure Light Wounds next time you burn yourself in the kitchen.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Just the other day, my brother and I were at Home Depot...and I was buying some replacement wheels for one of the wagons. As I'm putting the wheels on the counter, the guy behind me asks (loudly) if we were building a go-kart. Keep in mind that all I was buying was the wheels--no lumber, no metal framing, nada.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Posting this made me think of my co-irkers every time I ride my motorcycle to work. I come walking in carrying a helmet and other bike wear, someone has to say,

"No, dipshit, I wear this stuff in the car."

You could have said something like this.....

....Nope, I am a member of a village people cover band.

....Nope, I am just reaaaalllllyyyy into leather :wink:

.....Nope, isn't today 'casual day?'

Here's your sign.
                    I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post

....Nope, I am a member of a village people cover band.

....Nope, I am just reaaaalllllyyyy into leather :wink:

With the gay jokes that run rampant around here, I'd never ever ever hear the end of that.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        Hmm...according to my old D&D books, that makes your cat eligible to grant up to 3rd level cleric spells. Try some Cure Light Wounds next time you burn yourself in the kitchen.
                        Right now I have to make do with 3rd level hair coating on the top of my couch.

Comment

"Nope, my Chozo suit was in for repairs, and this was all I had lying around."
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            "Nope, my Chozo suit was in for repairs, and this was all I had lying around."

Good thing I read that BEFORE sipping my tea. I really don't think steaming-hot Oolong up the nose would feel very good.

On another note, is it sad that I got that immediately?
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

It sounds to me like a rather pathetic attempt to start a conversation. Maybe you look friendly, and they're lonely?
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X