This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree lady butts in line

My mom, once again had an encounter with an idiot and I wasn't there. She went to Michael's (craft store) and bought some small items. She was waiting in line when a woman came up behind her carrying a huge tree (3 feet maybe) in a pot. She went excuse me, and my mom moved, thinking she was just going through the line. However, the woman just butted in front of her. My mom went "Excuse me, I was next." The woman just stared at her and the girl at the counter kind of reached around the tree to my mom and my mom handed her the items and she rang them through. My mom reached back through the tree to pay and walked away. As she was leaving the girl asked the woman to turn the tree around so she could scan the label. The woman said "Oh, I don't want this."
    Why the heck did she bring it up?? At first I thought my mom meant she was returning it but my mom said she meant she hadn't bought it yet and decided not to. So instead of putting it back where she got it she dragged it up to the counter and inconvenienced everybody? Whatever...
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Wow. That woman was just overflowing with suckiness.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

ooo...kaaay.... you need to go shopping with your mom more often
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

errrr.... was this lady, you know, trained in the basic social interactions that everyone deals with on a daily basis? Or was she raised by ... earthworms or something?
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

The sad thing is I go shopping with my mom all the time. It's just on those rare occasions that I'm not there that she runs into these people.
          It took me a while to respond to this- I posted it and then forgot about it until today. Sorry about that.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Maybe the tree was a way to mark her "spot" in line so she could walk off and do some more shopping?

Comment

Working...
            X