This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC defeated at express lane

Today I went to a local store to get some bread and beer, and since I only had one loaf and an 8-pack I went for the express lanes. 10 products or less.
    As I joined a queue about 2-3 people long I noticed that the guy who was about to get served was re-loading his cart.
    He literally had a cartfull of stuff (but 8-10pcs. of each product, could've misunderstood the "10 or less" rule)
    and the cashier made him take all of that from the conveyor belt back into his cart and go to a regular lane.

A heartwarming sight.
    Last edited by MadMike; 10-02-2007, 04:45 AM. Reason: Removed "note to mods", as I took care of the request. ;)
    Music: Last.fm
    Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

It happens all the time where I work. You have way more than the limit then I'm gonna tell you to move your shit to another till!!
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Sorry, sir. You fail. Most five year-olds can count to ten.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I'm that type of cashier.
        I HATE it when people show up thinking that a multiple of an item is only one item.
        I'm not going to quibble over semantics or the grammar of express signs and just point out the obvious: if you count how many things you have and that number exceeds that of the number of allowed items then MOVE.
        I don't care if you have 42 of only one thing: you have 42 of them. End of story.

What's worse are the people at my work who look at the express lanes, are actually at or under the eight items we allow, but all of those eight items are massive pieces of furnitue.

Ok, I know you managed to get through the process of reading and obeying the sign, but now how about we employ some common sense.
        That's always a problem, since yes the customers are right that they're not breaking any rules, but the concept of an express lane is to make things go faster, and if you have a cart loaded with items (which 9/10 times the barcodes are all over the place, not all facing forward in a logical an efficient manner) you're slowing things down.
        Especially when you want me to also charge for delivery and assmbly, the latter of the two requiring at least some explanation and for me to add up all the items they want assembled to get 15% of that total and... I....

Sorry ot threadjack, but I loathe express lanes and always put up a fight when I get put on them.

Comment

Good for the cashier!

Bet this 1D10T went to public school.

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
            Good for the cashier!

Bet this 1D10T went to public school.
            I went to public school . . . but then I already knew how to count to 10 before I even started Kindergarden.

Not sure how they teach math now . . . either way though, that SC definitely failed and needs her diploma revoked.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I went to public schools, and I could count to at least 100 before kindergarten.

::shudder::
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                I went to public schools, and I could count to at least 100 before kindergarten.

::shudder::
                Another government school survivor.

I could read before Kindergarten. Probably the reason I got into so much trouble as a kid. / I was bored learning things I already knew how to do. I also scared the teacher a little. She would have each kid bring in a book they liked. Mine was a kids book on the storming of Iwo Jima passed down from my father's younger days.

Yeah...I'd probably be flagged as a potential school shooter now.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Does it say something about my lack of faith in customers that I read the thread title as:

SC defecated at express lane

I really wouldn't put it past some SCs.

Comment

They don't let us do that where I work. If the customer has their crap on the belt, they get to go through. As a result I'm uber paranoid about that when I get put into express. Which has lead (multiple times) to one 'lady' assuming I'm a racist because I asked if she knew this was express. How was I supposed to know that it was two different orders? (One hers and one belonging to the guy with her.) And you're the only damn person who would translate that as me thinking you're too stupid to read. FUCKINGmrbleflurbitchhelldamn GAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minor thread jack, sorry.
                    I'll post the entire thing later.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                    X