Rude kid selling candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude kid selling candy

I had to go to the grocery store during my lunch hour today, and as I was walking back, I passed a boy and a girl who looked like they were maybe 18 or so. They were both holding boxes of candy, and the boy said "Excuse me, ma'am....would you like to buy some chocolate? We are trying to raise money for.......(I didn't catch the last bit).

I just told him that I didn't have cash on me, and continued on my way. The boy called out after me..."So how did you buy all your shit, then?" I just said "I have a debit card". (Meanwhule the girl never said a word)

Not a big deal maybe, but it did bug me a bit that this boy reacted that way. Especially since I wasn't lying to him...I really did not have cash on me.

Rudeness is the way to deflect patrons, child, not attract them. At least the girl had the sense to keep her mouth shut compared to the boy.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My potential response: "The fact that you are selling something does not obligate me to buy."

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
        The boy called out after me..."So how did you buy all your shit, then?" I just said "I have a debit card".
        I could see an older person forgetting about the existence of debit cards, but not a young person. And the local burrito place, after they reopened for carry-out only after the COVID lockdown, went completely cashless. I thought that was only going to be temporary, but they've been fully reopened for months, and there are no signs that they're planning to go back to accepting cash.

Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
        X