Who pissed in your cornflakes?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who pissed in your cornflakes?!

This morning I hit a nasty pothole and blew out one of my tires. The 8th ruined tire on this car since I've owned it, but that's neither here nor there.

I ended up having to call AAA for roadside assistance. I've changed many tires in my life but one of the lug nuts seemed to be cross-threaded and I couldn't get it off. I was off the road in a small strip mall parking lot.

Eventually a tow truck rolled up and the driver started working. It turned out the nut was just dirt-jammed and he was able to get it off with his impact wrench and put the spare on.

But before he could finish, a pickup truck pulled in, made a circle around my car and the tow truck, then parked next to the truck. The driver hopped out and pointed a finger at the tow driver.

SC: YESTERDAY!!!!! *points menacingly again* You were blocking Imadouchebag Street! DON'T EVER FUCKING DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!!

Tow Driver:.........if I was it was because I was working there.

SC: *long, loud, profanity-laced and largely incoherent tirade that I couldn't even make out because the guy was so steamed* "DON'T BLOCK THE FUCKING ROAD! MY BOSS.....YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!

I slowly backed away, figuring the Tow Driver could handle himself, but was ready to call the police if the guy actually made a move towards him.

Eventually, he stormed off and went into a nearby store, presumably where he works.

Me: Who pissed in his cornflakes???

Driver:

Me: Hopefully your day gets better from here.

Driver: Eh...it comes with the territory.

Me: Yeah, there's a couple of tow truck drivers on a web forum I'm on. I've read some stories...

Driver: They're all true, and worse! Well, you're all set, have a good day.

Me: Thanks, try to have one yourself.

Seriously though, I understand that blocked roads are frustrating, but if it's a tow truck, then it should be obvious that it's being done for a good reason and you just have to deal with it. That's called "life" dude. Get a grip!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X