Entitled SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled SC

I had an appointment at the hospital today (which may happen fairly frequently throughout this year). After the appointment, I went to one of the pharmacies on the ground floor to pick up a prescription.

When I arrived, there were only a few people waiting, but as time passed, more people came into the pharmacy. There were three pharmacists available, all busy.

My first inkling that we'd been invaded by an SC came when a woman walked into the pharmacy, past the line, and hung around several feet behind the next in line at one of the windows. There was clearly a line, but she just walked right on by.

This did not sit well with the woman waiting in that line, who was the next one. She began talking loudly: "HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, LADY IN THE RED COAT..." She pointed out to Red Coat that yes, there was a line, and no, she did not have the right to push in ahead of everyone else. Red Coat said something vague - I didn't hear what - and didn't move.

A minute or so later, the customer ahead of them got their order and left the window. Sure enough, Red Coat went directly to the window with her prescription. The other woman, the one who had called her out, walked right on up, put her hand on Red Coat's arm (gently, not forcefully), and ushered her away from the window. Red Coat came back; the other woman repeated the ushering.

Red Coat turned and walked out of the pharmacy.

Sometimes, you get to see a little miracle in an SC world.

Quite a different reaction than the automatic victory she'd get from the browbeaten staff here in the States.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Note that the staff took no part in the matter, which is a shame.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        Note that the staff took no part in the matter, which is a shame.
        They're probably not allowed to, on pain of losing their jobs.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

When I worked at a pharmacy we weren't allowed to say anything.

Comment

Working...
          X