Leave the wildlife alone!-or why you shouldn't upset Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave the wildlife alone!-or why you shouldn't upset Santa

Overhead on the top deck of the U2 bus...

'So are you allowed back in that pub yet or are you still banned?'
    'I'm allowed back in but they said if it happens again it'll be for good.'
    'Dude,you punched a reindeer'
    'Well I was feeding it and I ran out of food,so it bit my hand'
    'You should've just walked away and left it'
    'But it bit me-I couldn't let it get away with it'
    'Dude..it's a reindeer-and you were already in trouble for headbutting that goat'
    'It was in MY field with MY horse-it had no business being there'
    'You should've just left it alone or got someone to help you move it. Dude, were you dropped on your head as a child or something?'

So much to unpack there... and I'm inclined to agree with his mate's diagnosis. Even though you were perfectly sober,coherent and wellbehaved, not exhibiting any signs of the brain cells being scrambled.
    Or perhaps it's just me and it's perfectly unremarkable for everyone else to go round bopping random animals?

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Can't speak for our former tyrannical oppressors on your side of the pond , but we colonials generally do not make a habit of picking fights with our furry four-legged neighbors (there are, of course, random weirdos, but that's any population of humans). I personally try to befriend animals I meet who seem receptive (which does lead to the occasional new household member).
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette
      I personally try to befriend animals I meet who seem receptive (which does lead to the occasional new household member)....
      Well there's being friendly with animals and then... there's that...

*and just how can you tell when they're being receptive...is it the smile,the come-to-bed-eyes,the little flicky thing they do with their hair?
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        *and just how can you tell when they're being receptive...is it the smile,the come-to-bed-eyes,the little flicky thing they do with their hair?
        It is that look that says, "feed me or I will eat you."
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well there's being friendly with animals and then... there's that...
          Should have expected a remark like that from the Mayor of Gutterville.

Purring/wagging tail, bumping their head into my hand so I'll pet them, cuddling up, following me around, ...

I've been adopted several times by cats I stopped to pet. One of them was just on my sofa a moment ago. Also had strays just turn up at the door (wound up with a dove that way). Seems to run in my family. Both my mother and her (now late) father had that happen to them a lot. When my grandfather was the town animal control officer, he wound up adopting a few of them. No one in my family tends to be surprised to get up in the morning or come home from work/school to find an animal settling in who wasn't there before.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

*purrs and bumps head into her hand* you could be Mayoress you know
            Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 02-03-2023, 09:47 AM.

Comment

*purrs and bumps head into her hand* you could be Mayoress you know
              Don't think my husband would be thrilled about that.

Comment

Was this bus in Fla? LOL
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post

Don't think my husband would be thrilled about that.
                  I daren't even ask what species he is....

Seanette at home...

Comment

Not quite that bad, just two cats and a bird (who stays caged to protect her form the cats). DH is human, so far as I know.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                      Not quite that bad, just two cats and a bird (who stays caged to protect her form the cats). DH is human, so far as I know.
                      Are you sure it is not to protect the cats from the bird? (Recalling all those Tweety and Sylvester encounters.)
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Birds used to be dinosaurs, ya know...

Comment

Working...
                        X