Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which we learn what real objects are....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which we learn what real objects are....

Seen today in one of our local convenience stores... a sign saying 'A photo of your ID is not your ID'

Perhaps they should hand of pictures of booze to the potential buyers?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    Seen today in one of our local convenience stores... a sign saying 'A photo of your ID is not your ID'

Perhaps they should hand of pictures of booze to the potential buyers?
    Would the buyers pay for it with pictures of cash?

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"I say Eccles my good man, do you know the time?"
      "Why, Bluebottle, it's 8 o'clock!"
      "How do you know that?"
      "I've got it written down on this piece of paper."
      "But what do you do if somebody asks you the time and it's isn't 8 o'clock any more?"
      "I don't show it to them!"
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Yesterday we had a young customer try to use a photo of his ID to buy cigarettes. He wasn't overly impressed when I explained to him that pictures aren't acceptable because they can be altered in ways that it's difficult to tell, but real ID is harder to alter without it being obvious. He said that an employee the night before accepted it and that he wanted a manager - I pointed at my name tag and told him that I can pull the video from the night in question and listen to the audio. He quickly shut up and left.

It blows my mind that anybody thinks a photo of ID is somehow acceptable. I get not wanting to lose your ID, but such is life.

Comment

We recently had a customer try to use a photo of her SNAP card to pay..."oh you can just enter the numbers, I've had them do it all the time." ...uh, no. Not here. Not only can we not do "card not present" transactions ever, state program guidelines state that the card must be physically swiped in a terminal unless the magstripe is too damaged (even then we have to try). If any of us were seen manually entering a card we'd get suspended at best.

SC's reason for doing this was that her "son took the card". Oddly, the SC found it in her purse after being informed by S The Front End Badass that she stood to lose her benefits if the store got in trouble and we could prove that SC told us to do it (not only that but the company could possibly go after her as well).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

We really need a "I swear this ID is real/valid" thread.

My favorite was when one customer lifted her shirt up and declared no under 19 yr old has tits that fabulous when we wouldnt accept her temporary drivers license (that sheet of paper thry give you until your license comes in after a few days) as valid because here you need give issued PHOTO ID.
            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
              ... declared no under 19 yr old has tits that fabulous...
              "Home schooled, were we dearie? When I was in sixth grade there were several girls that were better stacked."
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

...hrmph none of them were around when I was that age. It was like the Nullarbor plain out there...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  "Home schooled, were we dearie? When I was in sixth grade there were several girls that were better stacked."
                  Lol I have a friend with natural boobs so big she needs custom bras. Apparently a coworker got someone's dig flashed at them as proof of age. I don't understand how they think flashing ppl is going to prove anything about their age.
                  Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

I think it's more the 'I'm so impressed I got to see bewbies that I won't bother asking for your ID....' line of thinking

*at least I think.None of my dang customers have tried that on me.Knowing my luck it'd be the ones that just have to lift up their skirt to show them...*

Comment

Working...
                    X