Building Contractor: 1 Bigot: 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Contractor: 1 Bigot: 0

Oddly enough, since I started at the Alphabet Booze Barn here in the Land O' Sunshine, I haven't really had much in the way of new stories to tell here. This isn't so much a sighting as a customer having related a story about one of their own SCs and how said SC was dealt with.

One of my customers owned a contracting business and was supposed to install windows for a client today. Well, they got to the job and the client was an absolute jerk to the the contractor's employees, even hurling racist insults at his best friend. So he stopped his work, gathered his staff and his equipment, and said goodbye. Then, he stopped by my store to buy some beer for his employees and then took them to the beach.

I suspect this now ex-client is going to find it difficult to get his windows installed. The various building contractors down here all talk to each other.

"Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

It's still a win for the contractors.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      It's still a win for the contractors.
      It's a win for all of the contractors if this guy can't ever get his windows installed.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I'd love to see something in the contracts going forward that says "if you hurl racist insults at my employees, we will stop working, but you'll still owe us the full cost." Dreaming, I know.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

I love happy endings.

Let us know if you hear of any updates!
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
          X