This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Sir in the suburban...

Dear Sir or Madame in the dark colored suburban going east along 16th avenue NW at about 9:30 who's license plate I regretfully could not see, because it was pitch black and your dark colored vehicle was covered in mud;

I am very sorry that I was legally bicycling along sixteenth avenue in the far left lane where I am supposed to be, and you got stuck behind me for a WHOLE HORRIBLE HALF A BLOCK. I very much DO understand why you honked long and repeatedly while tailgating behind my bicycle as I puffed my way up the hill from 12th street NW going east. I am deeply regretful that my presence upon the roads that night caused you to have to drive at a speed that is actually SAFE for this kind of weather. I should have risked instead a fine by bicycling on the unplowed, icy sidewalk or risked my life and ride in that narrow six inches of gutter that was currently full of blocks of muddy ice, half-frozen sludge-snow and dirt.

I know you did this, and then passed me dangerously in the next lane once you got a chance, because your urgent business of getting to the next bar at 9:30 at night on a friday is MUCH more important than me getting home safely and legally. And since I don't like to swear, instead I hope your favorite hockey team suffers a humiliating defeat in the next game they play in.
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

God, Horse, you are just soooo inconsiderate!

Shoulda thrown snowballs at him.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah but I was too busy trying to get up the hill. I couldn't even flip him off as I was wearing mittens.

I need to find a way to attach my digital camera to the front of my bike helmet. And insulate it against the cold. Hmm....

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
        I couldn't even flip him off as I was wearing mittens.
        Hey, if you only have one "finger" then it's gotta be the middle...!

or something like that...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Don't feel bad, Horsetuna, I swear like a sailor and it really doesn't ever seem to do any good.

Doncha wish you had a paintball gun for occasions like this?

Comment

If only you'd gotten the plate...

http://www.platewire.com
            My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
              I couldn't even flip him off as I was wearing mittens.
              Maybe if we could find someone sufficiently artistic and whatnot, we can have mittens with pictures of someone giving the finger.

Oh, that would rock!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This reminds me of a classic Strong Bad Email...just substitute boxing gloves for mittens.
                "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

The double duece? Tempting, but deadly probably in this weather

Comment

I would have promptly pulled my bike over so i was blocking him, took my time taking a mitten off, gave him the finger with a big smile, and then walked the rest of the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X