This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clown car

(I was just reminded of this by reading the SC guide to parking lots)

I was waiting for the Husband to get off work on Black Friday. I pulled into a spot across a mini van and proceeded to wait for his shift to end when I see the following:

A mother.
    A father.
    Three kids.
    And a baby... all stuff themselves into the, otherwise big enough car.

My issue? Their christmas shopping.

They had SO MUCH SHIT in their car that the husband couldn't see outside the rear window, one kid sat on the FLOOR and the other two were sandwiched between comforters and bikes.

What pissed me off even more:

The mother yelling at the baby to "lay the fuck down" on her lap because her CAR SEAT WAS FULL OF MATERIALISTIC SHIT! They little one didn't like to be bent over in such an awkward position and kept getting up. To which the mom kept smacking her and shoving her down onto her lap. "Lay the fuck down. I don't want to get a ticket."

>.<

If I had a phone, I would have called the cops. If I didn't have a responsibility, I would have followed them home, then thrown a stink.

Its one thing to be an idiot and pretend your'e a clown. Its another issue altogether when you'll end up killing your children if you get into a car accident.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Some idiots don't realize that the purpose of the child carseat ...and adult seat belts are to keep them restrained and help them survive an accident. They just think of them as pain in the ass things.

Then when one of theirs is seriously injured because of either not using a carseat, or using one improperly (not installed correctly, the child not fitting it...etc)..they'll probably be the most vocal to blame someone else.

But of course, the only thing the woman in the OP was concerned about was the freakin ticket. Which...in my state is only FIFTY freakin dollars.

One of my favorite lines is...Car-seats are cheaper than caskets.
    you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

This was just reported yesterday....
      Lack of child's car seat leads to homicide charges

Shannell M. Eldridge, 17, has been arrested and charged with criminally negligent homicide in the death of Shamar K. Jordan, 3, of Geneva.

On July 3, Eldridge was driving a van along the state Thruway in the town of Phelps, Ontario County, when the vehicle left the highway and overturned. Shamar was ejected from the van, and State Police discovered he wasn’t in a car seat.

---rest of the article at the link above---

Comment

Reminds me of the commercial where the woman is loading her car to the roof and she gets in, turns around and says "ready?" ...and you just see her kid's head poking out among the bags and boxes...

If it doesn't all fit in the car without everyone safely buckled in...ask if you can leave a few things at the store and come back for them later! They could probably hold a few bags for an hour or two. Or if not, leave a parent at the store with a cartful, go home and unload, and come back. Either way, mch better than putting your kid's life in danger.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          If it doesn't all fit in the car without everyone safely buckled in...ask if you can leave a few things at the store and come back for them later! They could probably hold a few bags for an hour or two. Or if not, leave a parent at the store with a cartful, go home and unload, and come back. Either way, mch better than putting your kid's life in danger.
          I've actually done this. I remember one fabric shopping trip: huge sale; stuff that's usually $3-5 a yard was 66 cents . . .

We had brought five people in a station wagon. Five people who went insane at the prices.

I and one of my friends wound up sitting on the curb in front of the store for an hour with a pile of bags, while my husband took the other half of the party home in the (over)loaded car.

But everybody went home in a seatbelt, dammit.

Comment

Reminds me of when The Simpsons went to a yard sale and bought so much stuff, that Homer had to Tetris everything in.
            Literally, he bent all the stuff, even his family, into Tetris shapes and crammed them in the car.

He didn't leave room for himself, so Ranier Wolfcastle carried him home in a giant snuggly.
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I was sitting in my car at Samsclub while exhubby was shopping and saw a double family come out to their car, take babies out of the carrier seats, put the seats into the trunk (they had like 3 small things from sams) and get into the car and drive off. My ex called the cops after he got out to the car and i told him about it..

Comment

The problem is that people don't understand Physics. They think they can hold onto a baby or child in an accident, when in reality the forces involved in a standard head-on collision will tear the child from your arms. Even a seatbelt can break in a particularly violent collision, like the one in front of my parent's place where a Cutlass lost a fight with a 4' thick Oak tree.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

...Why didn't the woman hold the stuff that was in the car seat in her lap, and put the kid into the car seat? I seriously don't understand people...

Comment

I may be psychic.

There was a head-on collision up here where the driver was killed (while wearing his seatbelt) because the passenger behind him wasn't strapped in. The passenger flew forward and crushed the back of the driver's skull with his forehead.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

As I heard it once described "A baby on your lap makes a great airbag."
                      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                      X