Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That is NOT an alcove.. ( + one gross mini)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is NOT an alcove.. ( + one gross mini)

It never fails. Every time enter the store...

Uno

I walk into the front bathroom, and wait on the single stall. Lady exits, I enter, and see a pile of poo and cashews on the floor. I look at lady, she laughs, we both leave.

Then she puts on her Wal-Mart vest.

Dos

I walk to the fast lane checkout further in the store, instead of the closer-to-door one. Older lady steps up behind me, and starts hitting my right leg with her purse. So, I step to the left a little, and she follows... hitting my right cheek with her purse.

I wait a few minutes, shifting left or right and her following, until I say,"Please, stop hitting me with your purse." Older lady looks up, and says," Oh.. I was hitting you..." and moves back. This dance continues with "Oh, sorry.." "Oops." "I was touching you.." and so on.

The closer-to-door checkout looked less hazardous, so I ran up there behind a woman with a huge cartlod (waaaayy more than 20 items). The Older Lady follows...

And decided to stand so close to-- wait wait no.. ON me, she was breathing on my neck, her arm was on my arm, and her purse was.. well, for lack of better way of putting it, hitting my butt crack x_X

Like, repeatedly. So, naturally I was a bit ticked, and turned my face towards her, almost touching her nose, and said;

"EXCUSE ME.. Would you PLEASE stop breathing on my neck, and PLEASE STOP standing so close to me, ad PLEASE.. PLEASE kindly PULL YOUR PURSE out of my BUTT?!??!"

And she stopped, seemed like she was thinking a moment.. stepped back, and then said,"Oh. Sorry I touched you."

And when I was trying to write my check out, she decided to come close again, so I jabbed my elbow into the air while I was writing. I feel lucky it fended her off, else she'd tried to bite or some such.

Gah.

Why can't people understand the concept of "personal space" and then get all offended when you ask them to stop standing on your heels?! We are not conjoined twins, back the hell off!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I like your approach of just randomly striking out. I will definitely have to try that.
      "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

The average personal space ranges from 24 inches to 40 inches. I once shouted that at an idiot who wouldn't stop hovering over me at a bookstore.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I learned that my personal space is the length of my arm. My family actually has a rule, "If I can hit you, I'm allowed to," set in place to defend against backseat gamers. I just never thought of using that rule against SCs.
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I hate it when complete strangers can't respect my personal space. That was totally the case when I went to Subway yesterday. I wonder if these people also tailgate in their cars. Seriously, standing closer to me will not make the 5 people in front of e go any faster. Not only that, but I will go slower just to piss them off.
            Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
              I learned that my personal space is the length of my arm. My family actually has a rule, "If I can hit you, I'm allowed to,"
              Oooooooooooooooooh, I am so stealing that for use with coworkers.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Oooooooooooooooooh, I am so stealing that for use with coworkers.
                Hear, hear XD

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                  Then she puts on her Wal-Mart vest.
                  Gold. Pure gold.
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

More like pure brown *ducks and hideS*
                    http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                    Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
                      I wonder if these people also tailgate in their cars.
                      They will in Texas, but only if you're both moving. If you're just waiting at a stoplight, Texans have a predisposition to leave a freaking car length between them and the car in front of them! What the hell?
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

My fiance and I were at panda express and this old couple decided it was okay to be up both of our asses. You know at panda you can't follow the people in front of you because the person behind the counter has to see what kind of rice or chow mein you want. But no they thought it would be okay to follow us.
                        I said: "You know I HATE it when people won't get out of my ass!"

They didn't get the hint and stayed right up my butt until luckily the lady behind the counter was done with us and helped them.

I have a huge problem with anybody touching me or getting into my space. My fiance doesn't say anything and hates it when I try to make a scene. But GET OUT OF my space!!!

Sylvia727, I love the "If I can hit you, I'm allowed to." That's awesome.

Comment

man....call me paranoid but when people get THAT close to me when I write a check or use my debit card I stop what I'm doing to make them get out of sight range or back in line so my pin #/check info doesn't get stolen...sounds like that was what the lady was hoping for

Comment

Working...
                          X