This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you waving at me?

My mom has this problem. You see, nine times out of ten when she goes out into public, someone will say something completely bizarre to her. She's been approached before and told, "You represent all the cookies in the world, and if I had a Lexus I'd drive you around in it." She's been asked out and subsequently stalked by a guy who drove a pink jeep when we were on vacation (the same vacation that a guy tried to pick her up on the airplane to our destination.) On a different vacation, a guy manning the "Dinosaur Tracks" in the middle of the Arizona desert tried to introduce us to his grandmother. She attracts the weirdos. So yeah, this came as no surprise...

She was at the grocery store with my stepdad. They saw one of her associates with his daughter there, so they strike up a conversation while they were waiting to be checked out. Daughter wanders over near the door (she's about nine or so), and my mom, while my stepdad talked, gave her a little smile and wave. The girl waves back.

So when my mom gets to the card swiper to pay, the bagger boy, about 16 or 17 leans over and asks her, "Hey...um...we're you waving at me?"

...damnit.
    Would you like a Stummies?
Working...
X