This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ihop blues

the other night I wnet with two other people and went to IHOP. When we were paying my girlfriend asked for singles so we could leave a tip. The guy at the counter goes what did you need? She goes singles and he looks at her like wtf is she talking about. Then when she goes ones, he goes oh ok. then when we mention we never got refills he goes well the kitchen was very busy tonight. Ding dong dip---- it's the waitress that's supposed to ask. He then goes well we are new so there are alot of bugs to work out.
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

I love the food at IHOP, it just saddens me that the quality of service at some of these locations is really terrible. I can understand being new and all, but there are just times when I have to wonder.

My bf and I went to one of the two IHOPs in Williamsburg, VA one time and the service was the worst of the worst. One of the waitresses had her kid running around the whole restaurant, going back to the kitchen with his mom, and overall causing a huge raucous. The father of the kid was sitting in a booth with another kid and was doing absolutely nothing to control his kid. And to top it all off, the waitress was paying more attention to her kid and father of her kid than the tables she was being paid to wait on. We were going to ask for a manager and complain on our way out, but the "best waitress ever" ran over and cut the cashier off at the pass to ring us out. I think she knew she was in trouble and was trying to get us to not ask for a manager. So we left, went out to the car, and called up the location to ask for a manager. We told the manage about what happened and she said that she'd "take care of the situation right away" since we weren't the first people to complain. She just needed a good excuse to give the waitress in question a talking to. She also said that we could eat for free the next time we went, but we refused and just said we'd rather let her know about her problem employee. From then on we went to the other IHOP in town (the one where the college students went). The service and quality of food were infinitely better than the location near the highway.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Working...
    X